Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   rogue mods again (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=414478)

NT! 05-30-2007 06:12 PM

Re: rogue mods again

carter,

i can see how it comes across a little wild. i think mod actions are the best explanation for MOST of the problems if not all - speculating on the motives based on the pattern of issues might be taking it further than is necessary though.

NT! 05-30-2007 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I for one would be slightly annoyed if the thanks we get for helping out is some mass demodding because somebody was dicking around.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would feel this way too but i would also respect the [censored] out of it and enjoy watching everyone else get upset.

my biggest concern with it (and i sent mat a long pm about this which he can post from if he wants to) is this: mat takes a fairly hands-off attitude towards mods, and RB hasn't been around much lately. so if he's frustrated with particular mods, or with the situation in general, but doesn't have a particular outcome in mind for a mass mod culling, i don't think it will work. mat / RB and whoever else is in charge would have to be very active in shaping the direction of the 'new' 2p2, and there would be lots of drama.

diebitter 05-30-2007 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
carter,

i can see how it comes across a little wild. i think mod actions are the best explanation for MOST of the problems if not all - speculating on the motives based on the pattern of issues might be taking it further than is necessary though.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay we're cool. I think your surmising of what's been happening and your logical explanations are fine, it was the speculative reasons behind it that I was funning you about.

Mat Sklansky 05-30-2007 06:29 PM

I am very pleased when I read posts like this.

Thank you.

nation 05-30-2007 07:27 PM

i drove straight through from PA to vegas and have been frantically searching for a place to live so i have had little time on 2+2. i'm not the rogue.

EMc 05-30-2007 07:41 PM

I agree with Dids wrt to being de-modded.

Also too, as someone who uses my forum often, I like having someone around to keep it inline and on topic, and the posts of high quality, which was a concern when MicroNL was first opened. Id like to think that myself and the mods of uNL and SSNL do a good job in keeping the forums civil, respectful and flush full of content.

Likewise, I am not the rogue mod, I enjoy being a mod too much to [censored] around and do stupid stuff like that.

Jurollo 05-30-2007 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is actually going to be seriously considered.

I'll be discussing it with Ryan. I welcome pms on the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]
I call strat mod!

private joker 05-30-2007 08:36 PM

The good that almost all the mods are doing >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>> the harm done by the rogue(s). I'd hate to see 2+2 cut off its nose to spite its face.

El Diablo 05-30-2007 09:37 PM

db,

Did you remove any un-mod-noted * titles?

StellarWind 05-30-2007 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are two possibilities:

1. Software error

2. Mod action.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you considered:

3. Some mod or admin has had his password stolen.

I'm not saying this is the correct explanation but it is certainly within the realm of possibility.

NT! 05-31-2007 12:11 AM

stellarwind,

you have always been a great strat poster. even mod warz strat! gg

diebitter 05-31-2007 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
db,

Did you remove any un-mod-noted * titles?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

El Diablo 05-31-2007 01:55 AM

Stellar,

I am pretty sure it's not that and that there are indeed games being played. I don't think it's malicious, though, I just think it's things people think are funny.

After the daryn/db posts, I changed some titles as I said above, but added notes. Sometimes that was the only note, other times there were existing notes I added to.

When this topic was brought up, I checked and those user's notes were gone. This happened at the same time there were complaints about * titles disappearing. Seems a very unlikely coincidence.

Regarding some of the OOT title changes, I am pretty sure it is people who think it is harmless fun protest of NT/OOT mod policies.

ahnuld 05-31-2007 07:29 AM

[censored], who keeps giving out custom titles like candy??

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

no mods notes of course.

ahnuld 05-31-2007 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DS about 2+2: "It could do better but it does generate millions"

not the way to go about it guys, Way to make the current mods feel unappreciated due to a few bad apples.

*TT* 05-31-2007 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DS about 2+2: "It could do better but it does generate millions"

not the way to go about it guys, Way to make the current mods feel unappreciated due to a few bad apples.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. We are all volunteers to make the forum better, if it will make the forum better by trimming mods then we should all welcome that decision. Our focus should be on whatever is best for 2+2 as a whole, and if that means removing some of us (and by us I am including me) I'm comfortable with that decision. Sure I'd miss being a mod, but I'm man enough to know that if its for the better of the forum then I shouldn't stand in the way.

iron81 05-31-2007 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree. We are all volunteers to make the forum better, if it will make the forum better by trimming mods then we should all welcome that decision. Our focus should be on whatever is best for 2+2 as a whole, and if that means removing some of us (and by us I am including me) I'm comfortable with that decision. Sure I'd miss being a mod, but I'm man enough to know that if its for the better of the forum then I shouldn't stand in the way.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT. I typed out a similar post but I didn't have the guts to post it. I suppose most of you would have me first against the wall, but if it was part of a broad philosophy change, I think I could live with it.

Mat Sklansky 05-31-2007 12:32 PM

I have to really set the record straight here.

I appreciate the moderators of this site like no [censored] tomorrow. That's a fact.

I'm just overwhelmed by the sheer number.

And if we really went back to square one (which isn't likely) it would be my intention to reinstate almost all, if not all, existing moderators very quickly.

Moreover, nothing like this is going to happen until the logging capabilities of vbulletin have been tested.

iron81 05-31-2007 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If that's all it is, maybe its time for another admin with some sort of division of responsibilities between yourself, Ryan and the new guy. It would make it more manageable for you.

El Diablo 05-31-2007 12:45 PM

Mat,

FWIW, I think there are now plenty of mods who are mods "to be a mod" rather than to actually do mod stuff.

MEbenhoe 05-31-2007 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If that's all it is, maybe its time for another admin with some sort of division of responsibilities between yourself, Ryan and the new guy. It would make it more manageable for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the sake of drama [censored] as admin would be awesome.

People that in reality would prob be a good addition as a red would be someone like Dynasty, RR, citanul, or of course the obvious choice but he'd probably never do it El Diablo.

4_2_it 05-31-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I think there are now plenty of mods who are mods "to be a mod" rather than to actually do mod stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect this is more of an issue outside the strategy forums.

EMc 05-31-2007 01:19 PM

As long as we are nominating people I would like to add Mike Haven to that list.

El Diablo 05-31-2007 01:54 PM

M,

If Mat and Ryan wanted me to be red to help them with a potential mod rationalization process, I'd seriously consider it.

El Diablo 05-31-2007 01:54 PM

All,

Speaking of culling, anyone heard from [censored]?

GrannyMae 05-31-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As long as we are nominating people I would like to add Mike Haven to that list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jurollo 05-31-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Speaking of culling, anyone heard from [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]
What an ultimate irony that would be if [censored] got culled.

Gildwulf 05-31-2007 02:02 PM

El Diablo for admin

El Diablo 05-31-2007 02:04 PM

Gild,

Thanks for your support even though I erased some BBVer titles!

El Diablo 05-31-2007 02:05 PM

Jurollo,

STFU with that kind of nonsense before I put your head on a pike.

Mat Sklansky 05-31-2007 02:25 PM

yes. meanwhile ryan you out there?

i think it's a good idea, but i need approval from mason, etc.

and i seriously fear that [censored] may be dead

Jurollo 05-31-2007 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jurollo,

STFU with that kind of nonsense before I put your head on a pike.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
FWIW [censored] and I buried the hatchet, I would rather not you bury a hatchet in my neck El D

MEbenhoe 05-31-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes. meanwhile ryan you out there?

i think it's a good idea, but i need approval from mason, etc.

and i seriously fear that [censored] may be dead

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have his phone #? I know he's mentioned something about speaking to you on the phone before. Maybe another mod has his # and can try contacting him, or we can post in ATF asking if anyone has any close contact with him?

Mike Haven 05-31-2007 02:45 PM

Thank you, Ed and Granny.

Actually, I didn't read this thread as Mat looking for or even needing a new Administrator, but of course it goes without saying that, like everyone else who takes their role of Twoplustwo moderator as being a very responsible position, I'd feel most honoured if I was ever invited to consider joining the red team.

Mat Sklansky 05-31-2007 02:48 PM

I don't have his number anymore. He has not replied to my emails.

there were rumors a long time ago that [censored] went to jail. at this point i hope that's currently the case. if not that, i truly believe him dead. i have no reason to believe he would want to cease contact with me or the many others who don't know his whereabouts.

JaredL 05-31-2007 02:51 PM

What's his myspace page?

iron81 05-31-2007 02:53 PM

I remember an OOT thread where [censored] took a cross country trip and met a bunch of 2+2ers IRL. I'll PM them and see if anyone is still in touch.

Also, my personal power ranking for the new admin is Mike>Dynasty>everyone else.

4_2_it 05-31-2007 02:56 PM

I haven't heard from him since mid-April. I do not have his phone number. I share Mat's concerns as we were corresponding almost daily and then it suddenly stopped a little over a month ago.

Mat Sklansky 05-31-2007 03:02 PM

I'm not looking for a new admin just yet. I don't think it's necessary.

Diablo would go red, if he chooses (and Mason and Chuck), to help us with moderator management.

I wouldn't ask or expect him to do the mundane tasks required of Ryan and myself.

El Diablo 05-31-2007 03:05 PM

Mat,

"there were rumors a long time ago that [censored] went to jail. at this point i hope that's currently the case."

That pretty much sums up my feelings as well. I don't know the guy, but have chatted w/ him online a lot. Hopefully your worst fears aren't the case, Mat.