Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   4-way CB with 56s wheeeee (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523997)

ajmargarine 10-16-2007 04:12 AM

4-way CB with 56s wheeeee

Comments on all streets appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

MP: $209.20
CO: $56.20
Hero (BTN): $222.30
SB: $65.75
BB: $210.30
UTG: $300.65

Pre-Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG calls $2, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $10</font>, SB calls $9, BB calls $8, UTG calls $8

Flop: ($40) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $30</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $84</font>, Hero calls $54

Turn: ($208) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $90</font>, Hero folds

The thing is...if I hit the turn, I get paid off enough to make the flop call ok. But, I'm in RIO territory when he has a set with redraws, which I'm guessing he has ALOT.

Big_Jim 10-16-2007 04:19 AM

Re: 4-way CB with 56s wheeeee

You have to stack him like every time for this to be profitable.

Might be good for metagame, though!

ajmargarine 10-16-2007 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to stack him like every time for this to be profitable.

Might be good for metagame, though!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I do stack him every time I hit. But, I think I get restacked on some rivers too.

PF and CB comments also welcome...

shpanko 10-16-2007 04:23 AM

I'd like to hear your thoughts on why you bet instead of checked? Not saying it's wrong just curious what your reasoning was.

Big_Jim 10-16-2007 04:24 AM

I think the CBet is fine, mostly because I think your bet just gets flatted a ton of the time, didn't this time. Meh.

I can see some good arguments for checking, though.

You MIGHT try betting less... but I think it'll get you in trouble here, since you don't really wanna deal with c/r bluffs in this spot. Might be sexy HU though.

ajmargarine 10-16-2007 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to hear your thoughts on why you bet instead of checked? Not saying it's wrong just curious what your reasoning was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, with that flop I decide to rep a big pair with the CB. I don't think anyone is going to think I am messing around with it being 4-way and I should fold out all pairs 88, 7x, and lower. I think I have a decent chance to take it down on the flop. Plus, it gets me to the river for free usually if I get flat called.

ofishstix 10-16-2007 04:32 AM

betting and checking both seem equally standard. once the two people fold and you get c/r'd, id shove a large portion of the time.

Speedlimits 10-16-2007 04:47 AM

i check this flop.

pf is standard. c-betting this flop isn't bad i just think we'll get played back at too many times for it to be the most optimal line, against 2 people i'd bet.

lsaw2 10-16-2007 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
betting and checking both seem equally standard. once the two people fold and you get c/r'd, id shove a large portion of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've cbet into 4 people and got c/r?? Why are we shoving, what do you think UTG is going to show up here with 56cc?!?!

EDIT

I'd also c/behind this flop and try and catch our d-gutter. Turns a horrible card....

is everyone putting utg solely on 33/99 poss 77?? Is this EVER air?!

if the turn is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] does this change anything?

ofishstix 10-16-2007 05:41 AM

i think its a good spot to c/r with air b/c it looks strong. we've got an open ended straight draw, once we get here like this i think calling is pretty bad bc we have to fold on a blank turn. we're currently getting 3:1 on our money and we have some fold equity. yay variance.