Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   PartyPoker: Turbo SnGs vs Reg SnGs (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=163287)

etotheipi 07-16-2006 07:04 PM

PartyPoker: Turbo SnGs vs Reg SnGs

Theoretically: You're playing a static strategy that doesn't take into account previous hands or opponent modeling (because you're playing 4+ tables at once), and that strategy is established to have, for example, 20% ROI and 35% ITM at the regular $22 SnGs on Partypoker. So basically all your decisions are based solely on your hand, position, action before you, stack sizes, blind sizes, etc.

How much will those statistics change taking the exact same strategy to the turbo $22 SnGs on Partypoker?

Clearly, if it doesn't change much, then hourly rate should increase. Hence, is there going to be a problem switching to turbo without making adjustments?

Eto...

Jay Riall 07-16-2006 07:06 PM

Re: PartyPoker: Turbo SnGs vs Reg SnGs

I've got 22% ROI over a large sample size and my ITM is more like 40%. This is at the regulars.

ShipItHereHo 07-16-2006 07:06 PM

first off. 20% roi with 35% itm is not very likely at all. but yes with turbos ur roi is lower but hourly rate increases.

AMT 07-16-2006 07:08 PM

though players may have different styles in the diff. structures, the blind and stack sizes combined with numbers and reads/notes should apply directly to both regulars and speeds. adjust accordingly to each numerical and applicable situation in both forms of the tournaments and youll be ok.

for ex. if you know pushing QK on the button at 400/800 with 2200 in chips is profitable, its going to be profitable at regulars and at speeds and theres not much of an adjustment to be made. this is a simple answer and example, but the idea is the same concepts apply to both tournaments and there arent too many MAJOR strategic changes to be made, IMO other than developing your comfort zone with both.

etotheipi 07-16-2006 08:59 PM

First of all, I'm well aware that those numbers I used were...ambitious. They were just examples. What I was looking for was an estimate of how the stats will change if I don't change anything I'm doing and move over to turbos.

For my given example, can I expect:
ROI = 15%
ITM = 35% (still)
??

It is comforting to know that someone thinks it won't change much

mdouglass 07-17-2006 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I'm well aware that those numbers I used were...ambitious. They were just examples. What I was looking for was an estimate of how the stats will change if I don't change anything I'm doing and move over to turbos.

ROI = 15%
ITM = 35% (still)
??

[/ QUOTE ]

my roi stayed almost the same when i went from regulars to speeds. go speeds [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JMills109 07-17-2006 12:56 AM

My ROI drops significantly at Speeds, but then again it was "unsustainably" high on the regulars.

Guthrie 07-17-2006 01:22 AM

My ROI is far less negative at the speeds than the regulars.

igotBlackJak 07-17-2006 02:19 AM

these threads are old...

AmazingErvin 07-17-2006 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ROI = 15%
ITM = 35% (still)
??

[/ QUOTE ]

my roi stayed almost the same when i went from regulars to speeds. go speeds [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.