Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   PLO 100 - Follow a bluff through?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=489765)

Elrazor 08-30-2007 09:10 AM

PLO 100 - Follow a bluff through??

No reads on UTG. SB is a calling station running 48/9/1.68 and going to SD 32% - i cant get my head round how he is a winning player, he only every agros the nuts and calls river bets very light at times - my notes specifically say 'do not bluff' and 'pot made hands' for this reason, so have i played this badly, and can i bluff the total brick of a river??

Cryptologic
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $187.19
CO: $142.20
Button: $77.65
SB: $143.30
Hero: $149.90

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $3.5</font>, 2 folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($10.5, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $10.5</font>, UTG folds, SB calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($31.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $31.5</font>, SB calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($94.5, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero???</font>

jbird 08-30-2007 09:16 AM

Re: PLO 100 - Follow a bluff through??

I think you've played it great up to the river, but:

[ QUOTE ]
calls river bets very light at times

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my notes specifically say 'do not bluff' and 'pot made hands'

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'd check my two pair behind now.

Triantafylidis 08-30-2007 09:20 AM

Very tough spot. If he is a calling station, have you seen him call flop/turn bets with 3 pair type hands? If so, has he called rivers down with hands like this? I think if he is a calling station he probably calls with 2pair/set+. Maybe missed flush?

A think a 2/3 PSB might get him off the hand but thats just me. I don't like the bluff entirely in this spot as is kinda looks like a desperation bluff, you need to hope he puts you on broadway to win this hand imho.

iggymcfly 08-30-2007 09:25 AM

It looks like he's probably drawing anyway, so you might as well just check behind. Your two pair will win a lot. I'm not really sure what check/calls the flop and turn that beats you except for maybe JTTx, but if he made it to the river, he'll probably call again.

moon_ake 08-30-2007 09:31 AM

I always lose against KTxx or K7xx +some FD in this type of spot...

Here I check, expecting taking the pot against some poor AAxx, but likely losing...

You know he call light and often, and you have some shodown value here, so don't put more $, he can easily put you on a missed flush draw.

original_red 08-30-2007 11:30 AM

I think your hand is a winner, so I check, but I don't hate a 3rd barrel, unless villain is a totally pay off junkie..

RichGangi 08-30-2007 11:40 AM

Oops, disregard last post. I think you've gotten enough value from your two pair here. I would check behind.

Elrazor 08-31-2007 04:23 AM

Thanks for the replies. He has called down continuation bets from me before with as little as bottom pair ace kicker, but this wasnt a c/bet so i felt my actions should gain more respect.

I actually fired $40 on the river and after letting the clock run right down he folded, but after looking at the hand post play i couldnt really see how he could have a set, or he would have 99% re-raise me on the flop, so im thinking some kind of missed flush or a weak 2 pair that beat me

i came to the same conclusion as the posters here, that a check was probably better, although the bluff may well have won me the hand. i think in the heat of the situation i couldnt properly anayise the various scenarios so betting seemed correct as i had played the hand very strongly up until that point, and although the hand had some showdown value i was essentially playing the blockers from the turn onwards