Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Dexter 11/25 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554498)

NasEscobar 11-25-2007 10:53 PM

Dexter 11/25

ALL I CAN SAY IS HOLY [censored] THAT EPISODE WAS CRAZY

MDPokerAA 11-25-2007 10:56 PM

Re: Dexter 11/25

Sick awesome episode.

I thought it was going to be tough topping last season's intensity but they're doing a good encore effort.

The previews make it almost too obvious that Dexter's going to kill Doakes. Gotta think something else unexpected happens before he has a chance.

Senor Cardgage 11-25-2007 11:06 PM

Doakes is gon' excapes to Haiti, I hope.

Anyways, great, great episode. <3.

erroneous 11-25-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sick awesome episode.

I thought it was going to be tough topping last season's intensity but they're doing a good encore effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriousy, this show is just ridiculous. I was convinced this season wouldn't be just as good as the first season, but I've been proven wrong. Really interested on where they are going with Lila.

I also liked how they showed a preview of next weeks show and not just a preview of Brotherhood. So brutal that we have to wait a whole week for the next show.

burkoboy 11-25-2007 11:45 PM

This episode was weak IMO....

I guess it was more of a set up episode. I knew something was going to happen with Jiminez otherwise they just would of let it go.

Dexter can't kill Doakes because it goes against Harry's code.

I was 100% certain Dexter and Doakes were going to "team up" somehow, and I thought they were going there when Doakes was about to "arrest" Dexter. However, after hearing Doakes talk, I don't know if this is even possible, but it might be his only option. I think Dexter and Doakes are going to help each other out, by Dexter proving Doakes innocence and pinning it on someone else. Dexter just can't kill Doakes, there is still going to be a turn somehow.

and it is interesting where they're going with Lila. Maybe she tries to kill Angel?

Senor Cardgage 11-25-2007 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This episode was weak IMO....

I guess it was more of a set up episode. I knew something was going to happen with Rodriguez otherwise they just would of let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surprised anyone thought this was a weak ep.

Rodriguez? You mean Jimenez?

MaxxDaddy 11-25-2007 11:56 PM

This episode was awesome. As for Harry's Code, Dexter will kill Doakes if he thinks it's the only way to prevent him from getting caught (as we heard tonight).

Dexter obviously can't cut Doakes up, but I'm sure he'll have the urge to. Surely there will be more going on than what we saw in the preview.

It looks like Angel is gonna get hurt again (emotionally and physically) like last season. Do we know if officers are watching Rita's house still, if they did at all?

astroglide 11-26-2007 12:56 AM

i'm still loving all of it, but i was disappointed with how doakes went down. i think they could have gotten the same gunshot victorious dexter result in a more plausible way, such as doakes firing first and then falling through the missing planks on the dock. him allowing an unarmed, handcuffed, dangerous guy to rush him from a distance just seems out of character.

nazahl 11-26-2007 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm still loving all of it, but i was disappointed with how doakes went down. i think they could have gotten the same gunshot victorious dexter result in a more plausible way, such as doakes firing first and then falling through the missing planks on the dock. him allowing an unarmed, handcuffed, dangerous guy to rush him from a distance just seems out of character.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea and wtf did doakes have to take the blood samples to haiti in the first place? its not like he has the dna samples from all the victims so wtf did he hope to learn?

you'd think he would just send the box w/ the blood slides into the police department annonymously and be like "lolz see ya dex"

nazahl 11-26-2007 01:24 AM

also prediction for next week based on previews...

<font color="white"> lila drugs angel and torches his place (keeping with lila's arson them) and thus giving dexter the go ahead to off her </font>

iggymcfly 11-26-2007 01:38 AM

Wow, that episode was crazy crazy intense. The whole last half hour, I could feel my entire body tensed. It seems like every episode the situation just gets worse and worse for Dexter until you just can't imagine how it can work out.

Anyway, right now he has:
-a gunshot in his leg
-an entire FBI security detail at his house that will find it suspicious if he doesn't show up
-Doakes, who knows that he's the Bay Harbor Butcher caged up in the Everglades
-a meeting scheduled with Rita
-an FBI investigation that has tons of evidence that could easily lead to him if it's not played exactly right
-a crazy, arsonous, possibly murderous ex-girlfriend who's obsessed with him that also knows things about him that could be very suspicious

If this was 24 or something, it wouldn't be that big of a deal since super-Jack always finds a way to fix everything, but in this show, every time Dexter screws up, it seems that the things he does wrong actually lead to a new problem and are never fixed easily. Considering how hard it is to increase tension throughout in a typical 2 hour movie, it's really amazing that they can keep it increasing throughout an entire season without any let up.

I still think Season 1 was a little deeper, but this season has been a lot better than could be expected. Great job of living up to the original considering that they weren't even following a book.

ncray 11-26-2007 01:39 AM

Amazing ep. Can't wait for next week's.

SEABEAST 11-26-2007 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

Nonfiction 11-26-2007 01:23 PM

I don't know how Dexter possibly explains the gunshot wound when he was supposedly inside of his house.

I also have no idea how the Doakes thing is resolved. I think that it is obvious that Dexter isn't going to kill him, especially since the previews made it look like he was about to kill him. At first I thought that it might wind up being Dexter somehow framing Lila as the killer and working out a deal with Doakes, but that is improbable since A) Doakes yelling "you'll have to kill me," and B) they have already worked out that the killer is in their office. I mean really, it has to be either Dexter or Doakes caught for this, and its obviously not going to be Dexter since that would basically end the show.

Also, yeah, the [censored] with Doakes was incredibly cheesy abd I thought Dexter was going to somehow have to reason with him or distract him in the car forcing a car accident or something.

Azizal 11-26-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how Dexter possibly explains the gunshot wound when he was supposedly inside of his house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Decent chance he patches it up himself and plays it off as some other type of wound/pulled muscle. No one should have cause to take a close look, especially not the feds. After all, Dexter never left his house as far as they know.

[ QUOTE ]
I also have no idea how the Doakes thing is resolved. I think that it is obvious that Dexter isn't going to kill him, especially since the previews made it look like he was about to kill him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, yeah, the [censored] with Doakes was incredibly cheesy abd I thought Dexter was going to somehow have to reason with him or distract him in the car forcing a car accident or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think it was bad. Not particularly strong, but from Doakes' perspective you have to consider:

1) this is the biggest moment of his law career. He is probably not at his sharpest. Likely his head is spinning with elation of victory, pure amazement that Dexter is the BHB, and most important, knowing that he is about to be vindicated. It's dawning on him, as he's seeing Dexter put the handcuffs on, that everyone who thought he was crazy, all the people that didn't support him were WRONG, and he was right.
2) it was already established that killing Dexter is out of the question. (he should've headbutted revenge style)
3) he feels like he has the upper hand big time. Dexter is in handcuffs, after all. Doakes was confused/surprised by Dexter coming at him. i.e not particularly threatened. This is perhaps not the most likely or realistic possibility, but it's not strange either. Doakes is not lacking in confidence.

Put all that together and you have a reasonable explanation for Doakes' hesitation.

Dexter successfully reasoning with Doakes would've been far weaker imo. Dexter might be able to threaten Doakes, for example, but Doakes doesn't seem like the type to reason with Dexter. A car accident thingy would've been OK, but it's been done so many times.

thirddan 11-26-2007 02:25 PM

this isn't the first time that dexter has matched up physically with doakes and come out on top...when they are fighting at the docks in season1 outside the storage unit dexter is doing a pretty good job fighting and its gone into how he has martial arts training etc...not totally unreasonable...intense episode...

nazahl 11-26-2007 02:45 PM

the dialogue between dex and doakes was awesome during the whole scene btw.

doakes: jesus christ morgan!! youre the bay harbor butcher!

dex: I really hate that name.

lol

so sick bro 11-26-2007 03:24 PM

azizal put the whole dex taking on doakes thing very, very well. I was under the impression that last night's ep was going to be the season finale for some reason, and am so happy that it was not and was such a sick episode.

I also remember seeing in the previews the announcer said there were only 3 weeks left but I'm not 100 percent sure whether i'm remembering that from Brotherhood or Dexter. Are there still 3 episodes left?

Pudge714 11-26-2007 04:31 PM

Did anyone else think it was incredibly sloppy/uncharacteristic for Doakes to leave the slides in his car? I guess the test haven't come back yet, so they could be fake.

nazahl 11-26-2007 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else think it was incredibly sloppy/uncharacteristic for Doakes to leave the slides in his car? I guess the test haven't come back yet, so they could be fake.

[/ QUOTE ]

sloppy, yeah. but why would he think the task force would be after him?

doakes seemed genuinely concerned when leguerta told him the feds found something in his car so theyre probably the real slides.

Miamipuck 11-26-2007 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
azizal put the whole dex taking on doakes thing very, very well. I was under the impression that last night's ep was going to be the season finale for some reason, and am so happy that it was not and was such a sick episode.

I also remember seeing in the previews the announcer said there were only 3 weeks left but I'm not 100 percent sure whether i'm remembering that from Brotherhood or Dexter. Are there still 3 episodes left?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I think that was episode 9. So 10-11-12 left.

As far as Doakes fighting Dexter, they fought on the docks to a standstill and I think Doakes said,"Lab rat my ass" or something to that effect.

I liked the episode. I think the tension they have built is amazing as I said OMG 3-4 times this episode where something completely nuts happened.

I did question the Doakes thing on the dock. I know a S'fer or two and even a good cop and no way a serial killer let, alone a regular suspect gets anywhere near being able to do that in cuffs. Then again it still makes for good TV.

The Lyla thing is not going to end up well......... for Lyla that is. She has to have killed before. She is some kind of crazy black widow or something and I do not really believe that drug addiction thing with her either. She is too much a sociopath. The Angel thing was pretty funny. He and Matsuka are good for the comedy relief even with the Dark places this show goes.

One other thing for some reason I like the sister character more with this relationship with Lundy. They have improved that story line because at one point I really despised even seeing her on screen.

I do not think Dexter kills Doakes. One thing I noticed is that on the previews I think he is dressed differently in that cell. It does not mean much really other then he is in there awhile. Look no further then last week as previews are reverse tells as the opposite pretty much always happens.

I have no idea where the show is heading but it should be fun.

danzasmack 11-26-2007 05:46 PM

They love to lead us in the wrong direction with the previews, which is fine by me - but I think it means he most likely won't kill dokes.

I could see him brining his tools to the shed to be his way of getting rid of everything, and completely frame dokes.

Sick episode though. Wow.

Dr. Spaceman 11-26-2007 05:47 PM

I bet Dexter will take the time to plant more evidence on Doakes. In the preview they show him taking out his knives -- perhaps to get Doakes' prints on them. If Dexter can make a strong enough case against Doakes, combined with Doakes constantly trying to "set up" Dexter as the killer, Dexter should get off for now. This will create an interesting dynamic next season as Doakes tries to get justice while on trial/in prison.

thirddan 11-26-2007 06:33 PM

this is likely a terrible answer, but something that just came to mind...could dexter get rid of both doakes and lila by killing doakes in the standard way (bhb style) and then putting lila there as well and burning the whole place? use lila's history as an arsonist to link her as well as taking the knives etc there and planting fingerprints etc?

maybe a little too similar to the itk ending for season 1 with faking a suicide by the killer...just some random thoughts...

Golden_Rhino 11-26-2007 08:52 PM

No reason to think this, but I think Lila is gonna take the rap for being the butcher.

thirddan 11-26-2007 09:00 PM

a problem with lila being the killer is her ability to have checked the van out from the police evidence area...

Shoe 11-26-2007 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sick awesome episode.

The previews make it almost too obvious that Dexter's going to kill Doakes. Gotta think something else unexpected happens before he has a chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sick awesome episode indeed.

The best reason I can see for Dexter actually killing Doakes is that if Dexter is unable to reason with him he will probably have to kill him just to protect himself from being either caught or killed.

Also, if he kills Doakes, and hides his body well (such as it is never found in the gulf stream), then the FBI will continue to think that Doakes is at large. And if more bodies turn up, they will think Doakes is still alive and at it, just really good at hiding on the run.

If Doakes' body is found, any future killings would mean they were wrong and would have to re-open the investigation (if the connection is made).

pauliewalnuts 11-26-2007 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Doakes' body is found, any future killings would mean they were wrong and would have to re-open the investigation (if the connection is made).

[/ QUOTE ]

Dexter now disposes of his bodies in a place such that the current will carry them a good ways up the east coast.

Gunnarr 11-26-2007 11:46 PM

Dexter emphasized that rule number one was self preservation this episode. I feel that is foreshadowing that he will have an opening in Harrys code to kill Doakes.

burkoboy 11-26-2007 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is likely a terrible answer, but something that just came to mind...could dexter get rid of both doakes and lila by killing doakes in the standard way (bhb style) and then putting lila there as well and burning the whole place? use lila's history as an arsonist to link her as well as taking the knives etc there and planting fingerprints etc?

maybe a little too similar to the itk ending for season 1 with faking a suicide by the killer...just some random thoughts...

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it's been established the BHB is someone in their department. Like people have said in this thread already, it's basically either Doakes or Dexter taking the fall for this.

I agree with Dexter taking the time to frame Doakes, but unlike last season, I don't think this season is going to end without any loose ends. Theres still 3 episodes left. Think about how much happened in the last 3 episodes last year. Like I said earlier in this thread, I thought this was a weaker episode, however, I think we're in for a wild ride in the last 3 episodes.

Adebisi 11-27-2007 12:56 AM

My guess at how this plays out: Dexter frames Doakes as BHB so it's basically air-tight. He'll get Doakes' prints on some of the murder weapons and plant them at Doakes' house, plant the computer he used to type up the manifesto, plant a big pile of rocks from the marina, etc. Then he'll drug him, put him on the boat, and drop him off down in Haiti. No money, no passport, no jewlery that has any value...no way for him to get himself back to the U.S. In season 3, Doakes will find a way to get back to Miami and try to kill Dexter while evading the ongoing manhunt.

Spacemoose 11-27-2007 12:58 AM

Lyla kills Doakes in an attempt to get in Dexters good graces after finding out somehow he is the BHB. Dexter then kills Lyla for obvious reasons, Doakes is seen as the killer in Lundys mind and by not ever catching him Dexter is able to avoid suspicion if future corpses turn up. I think this would tie a lot of loose ends up.

Golden_Rhino 11-27-2007 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lyla kills Doakes in an attempt to get in Dexters good graces after finding out somehow he is the BHB. Dexter then kills Lyla for obvious reasons, Doakes is seen as the killer in Lundys mind and by not ever catching him Dexter is able to avoid suspicion if future corpses turn up. I think this would tie a lot of loose ends up.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very likely scenario. gg.

thirddan 11-27-2007 01:26 AM

moose,
nice idea...i never thought of it as a plausible triangle between dex/doakes/lila...always seemed like dexter/lila and dexter/doakes...but now that lila is getting in with the other cops masuka/angel they might tell her that doakes is the suspect and she will go after him to get back in dexter's favor...

philfan05 11-27-2007 02:27 AM

This show is amazing on so many levels. As others have said, I was worried that this season would be a huge letdown after last year and would become repitive killings each week. Little did I know that this season would be just as good, if not better than last season.
I really think that Dexter has to kill Doakes. Trying to frame him is too risky. Even if he does everything perfectly, Doakes is still going to tell everyone who would question him/ arrest him about Dexter. If any of the detectives/police began to entertain Doake's accusations it would not bode well for Dexter. I.E. the fact that Doakes does not have a boat and Dexter does. I think it would be a believable story if Doakes is killed and everyone is led to believe that he has just gone off the grid because he doesn't want to be arrested.

Lastly, does anyone know how many seasons they plan on doing this show for?

Miamipuck 11-27-2007 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Lastly, does anyone know how many seasons they plan on doing this show for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most shows go on for as long as they can plausibly run. By plausibly I mean, if writing gets stale, actors get bored or the shows loses its popularity. Seinfeld is an example of actors and writers saying enough as it could have lasted a hell of a lot longer.

There are exceptions like The Wire, which was designed to be a 5 season show.

So to answer your question, from what I have been reading and the interviews I have seen, it will run for as long as the show can be fresh and popular. Season 3 is definitely not going to be the last. Unless of course its popularity nose dives............. which I think is a 0% chance as the shows popularity is only going the other way.

Shadowrun 11-27-2007 04:55 AM

Somethings I dont get. The fight at the end, but obviously for the shows sake Dexter had to win.

WHY did Doakes go to haiti for, couldnt he just walk into work tell Lundy he got the blood samples from Dexters house (prolly has dex's prints on them as well)?

Spacemoose 11-27-2007 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Somethings I dont get. The fight at the end, but obviously for the shows sake Dexter had to win.

WHY did Doakes go to haiti for, couldnt he just walk into work tell Lundy he got the blood samples from Dexters house (prolly has dex's prints on them as well)?

[/ QUOTE ]

He wanted to make sure the samples really did match the victims. If he walks into Lundy's office with a box of slides with cows blood on them and says he stole them from Dexter's place his suspension becomes a termination. Clearly he wanted all his ducks in a row before he talks to Lundy again. Also that evidence would have been inadmissible in court FWIW.

Shadowrun 11-27-2007 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He wanted to make sure the samples really did match the victims. If he walks into Lundy's office with a box of slides with cows blood on them and says he stole them from Dexter's place his suspension becomes a termination. Clearly he wanted all his ducks in a row before he talks to Lundy again. Also that evidence would have been inadmissible in court FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i mean personally if i was Doakes (and knowing what i know about Dex), I would assume that Dexter is not hiding blood samples of cows in the AC, you know what i mean.

FaDi 11-27-2007 01:51 PM

Did anyone else think that the last fight was a dream when it first started? I really didn't think it would happen like that.