Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   $30 NLTRN - Bottom Two (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392543)

soop 05-01-2007 12:49 AM

$30 NLTRN - Bottom Two

Hi all, first post. I was torn about what to do in this hand especially based on the history.

After some uninteresting hands to start the match, the last 4 hands have gone (no pf raises, my actions in caps):
- check-to river, BET-raise-RERAISE-fold
- bet-CALL, bet-CALL, bet-RAISE-fold
- check-RAISE-call, BET-call, CHECK-bet-CALL (villian shows flush draw that hit on river, I had top pair)
- bet-RAISE-fold

What do you all think. Is villian sick of getting pushed around here or protecting a big hand? Or on a draw? Though I am leaning against a draw since the 3bet seems odd for a draw and villian played the flush hand pretty passively.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t10/t20
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB calls t10 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t30)</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t40, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets t20</font>, Hero calls t20 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t60)</font>.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t80, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets t60</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t180</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to t680</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero ...</font>

HokieGreg 05-01-2007 01:01 AM

Re: $30 NLTRN - Bottom Two

This is not a hard fold.

Villain's bet looks like a weak pair or draw on flop. He apparently hit the turn and every possibility of his holdings beats you.

omgwtfnoway 05-01-2007 02:10 AM

it's going to take a lot more than "apparently hit the turn" for me to be convinced that he isn't just playing back with tp.
hero shoves.

HokieGreg 05-01-2007 02:33 AM

79, 69, K9, K6, K7, 810, 85 are a lot more likely than top pair imo

ChicagoRy 05-01-2007 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's going to take a lot more than "apparently hit the turn" for me to be convinced that he isn't just playing back with tp.
hero shoves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur, especially the way this match has gone.

HokieGreg 05-01-2007 02:42 AM

has villain been raising preflop???

I don't understand why you guys think this is such an easy spot seriously. I know OP has been playing aggressively, but bottom 2 is really good often enough on this board to be profitable???

Villain has to be terrible to stack off here with one pair. The only one pair hand I see a semi-decent player getting all in with here is K8 maybe.

soop 05-01-2007 09:19 PM

I ended up pushing and villian called with KT for top pair and a gutshot.

I'm glad someone else thought this was a fold, because normally I fold here. People don't usually stack off here with top pair. In this case I called b/c I think the previous betting tipped the scales.

All_Inn_Aces 05-02-2007 12:11 PM

First: Why must you all have the same picture?!?!?!
Second: Shove!

HokieGreg 05-02-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First: Why must you all have the same picture?!?!?!
Second: Shove!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your insight into the hand! I would like to sign up for your newsletter.