Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   folding kings... i know ppl hate this but bear with me.. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=286835)

Surf 12-19-2006 03:21 AM

folding kings... i know ppl hate this but bear with me..

2/4 nl, $450 eff stacks.

UTG raises to 14, utg+1 reraises to $24, folded to me in BB, i 3bet to $75 w/ KK, utg folds, utg+1 pushes...

Surf

billyjex 12-19-2006 03:22 AM

Re: folding kings... i know ppl hate this but bear with me..

i think its fine

TalentedTom 12-19-2006 03:22 AM

no - i won't bear with you

Surf 12-19-2006 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no - i won't bear with you

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for wasting your time opening the thread and posting a reply that doesn't contribute anything, though.

Surf

Jarcon 12-19-2006 03:25 AM

Reads? Without reads instacall, with reads almost instacall. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Surf 12-19-2006 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reads? Without reads instacall, with reads almost instacall. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

what's his range that min-reraises then pushes? just curious. This was literally my first hand at the table unfortunately.

Surf

Jarcon 12-19-2006 03:31 AM

AK? QQ? 72o? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Cant know without knowing opponent. Call and buy some info, atleast [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Folding kings PF against unknown opponent is big mistake, with these stacks.

Xhiggy 12-19-2006 03:34 AM

I think this is a fine fold and expect villain to have AA a huge portion of the time. Even on the few random times that villain somehow played AKo this way, you don't have him crushed...

Senor Choppy 12-19-2006 03:40 AM

Your opponent is giving you every indication that he has aces. There's really no arguing with the hand in question, just the idea.

I wouldn't hate either decision, and would lean towards folding, if only to put myself in that Zen Tommy state that accompanies big laydowns. Calling and seeing aces just makes me feel dumb and play like crap afterwards.

curtains 12-19-2006 03:42 AM

Some inconsistancy here

Why does he min bet the first time around, but move allin for over 300 more the 2nd time around, when there is a perfect oppurtunity for another minraise!

Anyway I think its fine.