Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Laughs or Links! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   post the nerdiest joke you know (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=118526)

Tony_P 05-21-2006 03:19 AM

post the nerdiest joke you know

what did the chemist get arrested for when he mixed sodium chloride with nickel metal hydride?

White: <font color="white">assault and battery! </font>

Pauwl 05-21-2006 04:41 AM

Re: post the nerdiest joke you know

So if y = (r^3)/3, and if you solve the rate of change in this curve correctly, I think that you'll be pleasantly suprised.

y = r^3/3

dy/dr = 3r^2/3 = r^2

dy = r dr r

Or har dee har har

traz 05-21-2006 04:43 AM

close thread

diebitter 05-21-2006 04:47 AM

Does a poem count?

Poor Paulie made a big mistake
Now Paulie is no more
He drank what he thought was H20
It was H2SO4

Meezer 05-21-2006 10:08 AM

Old one:

Two atoms were setting out on vacation when one of them suddenly turned to the other.
"We have to go back! I forgot my electron!" She yelled.
"Are you sure?" The other atom asked.
"Yes, I'm positive!!"

(Badumdum tish)

Dazarath 05-21-2006 10:33 AM

Why do computer scientists get Halloween and Christmas confused?

Answer: <font color="white">Because 31 OCT = 25 DEC</font>

Hack 05-21-2006 01:52 PM

Nerdiest:

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

----
Found on thinkgeek t-shirts, etc.

Borodog 05-21-2006 01:54 PM

A dairy company wishes to up milk production hires a chemist, an engineer, and a physicist to each come up with plans. After six months a meeting is held where the results of their individual researches are to be presented to the company's board of directors.

The chemist presents his results. He has come up with a feed additive that results in both a 6% increase in milk output as well as milk that lasts 8% longer before spoilage.

Next the engineer presents his design modifications of the milking machine, which can milk cows at a 7% higher rate than previous designs, and also reduces teat chafing, leading to less agitated, and hence more productive cows.

Lastly, the physicist wheels in a large blank chalkboard, upon which he draws a large circle and says:

"Assume a spherical cow . . ."

diebitter 05-21-2006 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A dairy company wishing to up milk production and hiring a chemist, an engineer, and a physicist to each come up with plans. After six months a meeting is held where the results of their individual reseraches are to be presented to the company's board of directors.

The chemist presents his results. He has come up with an feed additive that results in both a 6% increase in milk output as well as milk that lasts 8% longer before spoilage.

Next the engineer presents his design modifications of the milking machine, which can milk cows at a 7% higher rate than previous designs, and also reduces teat chaffing, leading to less agitated, and hence more productive cows.

Lastly, the physicist wheels in a large blank chalkboard, upon which he draws a large circle and says:

"Assume a spherical cow . . ."

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't stop laughing at this.

Borodog 05-21-2006 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't stop laughing at this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This joke is without peer among physicists. If you ever need a present for a physicist, get them a spherical cow T-shirt.

PS. Thanks for preserving my typos for posterity. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]