Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   spewmonkey?!? who you callin' spewmonkey? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=487887)

bennyhana 08-28-2007 12:09 AM

spewmonkey?!? who you callin\' spewmonkey?

mp1 83/16/1 one of the good kind that overplays bad hands for you. <font color="white"> err...maybe that's hero? </font>
mp2 is 35/7/2 basicly an idiot.
sb is the tighty at 20/7/1.5

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>,

CrMenace 08-28-2007 12:11 AM

Re: spewmonkey?!? who you callin\' spewmonkey?

This looks good to me.

BigBadBabar 08-28-2007 12:30 AM

we're pushing a (hopefully) 35% edge putting 25% of the money in, and killing our implied odds (plus the small chance we're up against a better flush draw sometimes) -- our pair outs are no good and we have no straight redraws or high card power -- i actually think given our relative position this is a tiny bit -ev. it's not terrible though obviously because usually we're the only flush draw and if we hit we win a big pot.

EDIT - i thought it was 3way and not 4way. that makes it closer but i still want to preserve our implied odds against bad laggy villains. when we go berserk like this then check the turn it basically says what we have and also then if a flush card comes bad laggy villains won't go wild with crap hands like they might have otherwise.

tyler_cracker 08-28-2007 12:32 AM

the raise is for value pretty often with no one folding, but you sort of turn your hand face up, especially when you miss and check the turn. (your line looks like a monster, so you could bet the turn and pretend you have 22 or maybe JT, but this hand goes to showdown pretty often so it's not gonna work.)

of course, you're going to have a tricky decision if you just call and then hit -- do you donk? do you try to c/r mp1? so i guess just building a pot now while everyone is trapped is not such a bad thing.

tyler_cracker 08-28-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we're pushing a (hopefully) 35% edge putting 25% of the money in

[/ QUOTE ]

amirite?

ProfessorBen 08-28-2007 12:35 AM

Babar hit the nail on the hammer.

The worst part of this is that given the description of the villains, this play doesn't just slightly decrease our implied odds, but ruins them completely when villain is willing to put in tons of bets with JT/KJ/T2/22/etc.

BigBadBabar 08-28-2007 12:44 AM

oh, my bad, i thought it was 3way and not 4way for some reason. i'll edit above.

marchron 08-28-2007 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Babar hit the nail with the hammer.

[/ QUOTE ]
/nit

ProfessorBen 08-28-2007 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Babar hit the nail with the hammer.

[/ QUOTE ]
/nit

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate playing this card but...
&lt;--Loc.

Thanks anyways.

Xylocain 08-28-2007 12:48 AM

Marcrons post is on