Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   $15/$30 big pot, decisions on 5th and 7th. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499712)

ChipsAhoya 09-12-2007 06:58 PM

$15/$30 big pot, decisions on 5th and 7th.

I raised 5th street because I thought there was a good chance villain paired based on 3rd st. play and that I have a 3 and a 2, and if he didn't, I could fold U/I on the river. I made this play most importantly because villain is a weak player who I know will not 3-bet me unless he's beating me. Secondly, I lose the same amount when I'm behind and get an extra bet when I'm ahead.

The other decision point in the hand is whether to go for the sexy on 7th w/ my 6 perfect. Is the chance he'll have a hand and bet less than 1/2 of the times he'll make a crying call w/ an 8 or 9 or something?

b]Razz[/b] ($15/$30), Ante $3, Bring-In $5 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises

4th Street - (9.33 SB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (5.67 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

6th Street - (9.67 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

River - (11.67 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___calls

Total pot: (13.67 BB - $410)

-ChipsAhoya

Sevenfold 09-12-2007 07:35 PM

Re: $15/$30 big pot, decisions on 5th and 7th.

Looks good.

Your raise on 5th may scare off a value bet. I'd get one bet for sure and maybe 3 if he improves to 7-5 or better.

xxeximusxx 09-12-2007 09:23 PM

What you do is stall for like 2 seconds on the river and then bet, make it look like your bluffing (Sick meta-game i know), induce the bluff and CHACHING!!! RAISE THAT SHIET UP TO VALUETOWN

probably the best advice ive ever given, can't believe im giving you my secrets.

Andy B 09-12-2007 11:50 PM

I wouldn't three-bet on third because I am a weak-tight nit. I would bet out on the river hoping that the other guy made a 75 or perhaps a 65 so that I could take his moniez.

lucid75 09-13-2007 07:14 AM

I don't like 3 betting 3rd either. I like the raise on 5th instead of waiting till 6th, because if he did pair here, and catches a brick on 6th, he's not betting for sure. And if he did pair the A, he's still got a good 4 card low, and he's still calling the raise.

ChipsAhoya 09-13-2007 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't three-bet on third because I am a weak-tight nit. I would bet out on the river hoping that the other guy made a 75 or perhaps a 65 so that I could take his moniez.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember though he's probably raising me w/ any 8 and I get lots of info if he caps. I like the 3 bet because I believe I'm an equity favorite and if he caps I get a LOT more info about his hand than the original 2-bet gives me.

-ChipsAhoya