Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Survivor Season 2: Pog Island [GAME THREAD] (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404174)

Madtown 06-11-2007 10:28 PM

Re: Survivor Season 2: Pog Island [GAME THREAD]

20 Questions Challenge

The next Challenge will be the 20 Questions HU Challenge. There will be 3 categories, and each team must select a player for each category.

The opposing players in the same category will each play 20 questions with me over AIM/PM -- the player that requires the lowest # of questions to get the answer will win (the answer will be the same for both players).

The tribe that wins 2 of the 3 matchups will win the challenge.

- Results will not be released until both players have finished, so neither player will know how low they have to score.
- Unlike 20 Questions, this game will continue until the player figures out the answer (if it takes 59 questions, so be it).
- These will be conducted over AIM or PM, starting as soon as possible. I'll largely be available during the evening.
- Players may consult with their tribesmates on strategy UNTIL they start the game -- then they are on their own.
- Researching on the internet IS allowed.
- No one can take two categories.

The categories:

- A music album
- A historical figure
- A novelist

As usual, lineups must be confirmed by a majority (3) of each tribe. Lineups can be submitted and confirmed privately via PM.

FCBLComish 06-11-2007 11:00 PM

MT, does this mean 1 team member sits out?

dmk 06-11-2007 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Researching on the internet IS allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

are there any timelimits in between questions? does it have to be finished in 1 sitting?

metsandfinsfan 06-11-2007 11:44 PM

so we are only sending 3 contestants out of our 6 correct?

Madtown 06-12-2007 02:40 AM

Argh. I meant to make some changes to that challenge before putting it up, but forgot to.

There are FIVE categories. It was originally 3 in the first Survivor, but as previously mentioned, I want all players to be involved in as many challenges as possible.

The categories are:

- A music album
- A historical figure
- A novelist
- A common, inanimate object
- MYSTERY CATEGORY

One member of Tribe Wilson will have to play twice -- that person MUST play the Mystery Category as their second category.

The actual topic of the mystery category will be given to those players when they are ready to begin.

All questions must, obviously, be questions to which I can answer Yes or No. Any question that I do not feel can be adequetely answered with a Yes or No will not be answered, and will not count toward the total.

There are no time limits between questions. However, I do expect players to finish in "one sitting." There's no official penalty or rule, I'm simply mentioning it because I don't want to have these drag on for a week because people are taking hours between questions; I expect players to be courteous enough to wait on starting their category until they have enough time to finish.

Madtown 06-13-2007 07:18 PM

LINEUPS

Novelist - Zurvan vs. chuckleslovakian
Inanimate Object - ScottHoward vs. Alex
Album - DMK vs. HBE
Historical Figure - FCBL vs. Boiler
MYSTERY CATEGORY - Zurvan vs. metsandfinsfan

I'll be hopping on AIM and will start running these whenever you guys are available.

His Boy Elroy 06-13-2007 07:25 PM

gogogogo

metsandfinsfan 06-13-2007 07:28 PM

do we find out the mystery category or we have to use questions to figure that out too

Madtown 06-13-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do we find out the mystery category or we have to use questions to figure that out too

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you should IM me to get started and you'll find out huh

Zurvan 06-14-2007 09:24 AM

What happens if there is a tie? ie, each tribe wins two categories, and in the fifth, they got the answer in the same number of questions?