Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   why pokerbear, for the love of god why?????? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=500491)

bigmac366 09-13-2007 06:23 PM

why pokerbear, for the love of god why??????

why did you tell your distributors not to distribute your new books until sept.30 for the advanced limit holdem book, and oct.30 for the short handed book. the retailer i ordered mine from confirmed my order, said they had it in their warehouse ready to ship, but that you(the publisher) told them not to ship until the aforementioned dates. i know many of us are very excited for these books. especially considering all the delays thus far. so my question is simply.....why?

pokerbear 09-13-2007 07:17 PM

Re: why pokerbear, for the love of god why??????

Hi. First, I am the author, not the publisher. Second, I want everyone on earth to have the book as soon as possible.

If you give me the name of the retailer, I shall write to the publisher (D&B)and request a clarification. I shall tell you what they say.

Alternatively, you can go to their website, www.dandbpoker.com, hit the contact button, and ask them yourself. If so, let us know what they say.

-barryt

bigmac366 09-13-2007 07:25 PM

thank you very much for your response, i didnt intend to come off rude in my original post, but in review i realize i may have.

i thought you had a hand in d&b publishing. my mistake. however i will act upon your suggestion and post the response i get in this thread.

Adman 09-13-2007 09:08 PM

This whole saga has just become ridiculous. It's like D&B are going out of their way to be difficult.

Professionalpoker 09-13-2007 11:33 PM

I call BS!

I also have the book on order for my store and I am contact with the USA distributor. It has not arrived at their warehouse as of a couple of days ago. There is no way it is at any other USA bookstore warehouse and I'll bet Barry's roll <G> that they don't have a release date or hold on it.
Mike

benfranklin 09-14-2007 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call BS!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

The OP is irresponsible for posting on the basis of 2nd or 3rd hand "information" from some anonymous customer service rep who hasn't a clue what is or isn't "in the warehouse".

Hint: people in the book business want to sell books. If a book is available, they aren't going to sit on it for weeks or months. There is no reason to. Anyone who tells you differently is ignorant of the facts, even within their own company.

bigmac366 09-14-2007 05:52 PM

sir, i'm not irresponsible, nor am i ignorant. i posted a question directed to barry t. it makes sense to me that a retailer would respect the publishers wishes, considering that lawsuits would be the consequences of doing otherwise.

i'm glad to hear that other retailers dont even have it in stock yet though.