Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   official end your downswing thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541036)

a breath of air 11-08-2007 02:11 AM

official end your downswing thread

i am currently in a downswing. i understand that i am playing badly and running badly. basically i want it to end (obv); i understand that i am not unique and that errone goes through this. so i am starting this thread for myself and others going through swongs to brainstorm ideas to get through it. i will start:

1. create balance in your life (do something not poker related)
2. move down a level
3. read more and post more

tubasteve 11-08-2007 02:14 AM

Re: official end your downswing thread

just play tighter. analyze every post flop decision - no play should be "automatic".

BGnight 11-08-2007 02:25 AM

Stop making desperate bluffs (xcept cbets ldo obv imo)
Just give some hands away when OOP
Don't jazillion table. I'm playing 5 tops right now.
Take pride in every decision you make no matter how small the pot. (I don't do this)
Play tighter.
Run good?
Don't press vs maniacs!!! Let them come to you even if they just gave you some sick beat.

EMc 11-08-2007 02:40 AM

This one is for tufat:

Have the american dollar stop depreciating.

He told me tonight about how much he lost today without even playing. It was funny IMO

BGnight 11-08-2007 02:43 AM

At least w/ the dollar depreciating the war doesn't cost as much.

pineapple888 11-08-2007 03:05 AM

Move up, and quit if you don't run well. I'm currently seriously considering this option.

Xanta 11-08-2007 03:19 AM

I've tried playing like two tables, tanking on almost every postflop decision and doing a full analysis of all possible lines. Basically deconstructing every decision that used to be automatic and try to justify it. (Sorry for slowing down the tables but swongs r 1 thing)

a breath of air 11-08-2007 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've tried playing like two tables, tanking on almost every postflop decision and doing a full analysis of all possible lines. Basically deconstructing every decision that used to be automatic and try to justify it. (Sorry for slowing down the tables but swongs r 1 thing)

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually really like this idea. i usually 6 table 200nl, will try this obv.

1dentifier 11-08-2007 05:28 AM

I'm going to stop drinking when I play. If that's not enough I'll have to stop toking as well.

shandyboy 11-08-2007 06:23 AM

i find 2-3 day breaks really help, and if im not playing, i watch some cr videos and post.

if u still need a fix, mix it up with some low $ STTs, playing when ur feeling negative is so -ev.