Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   BD's 15 Worst Franchises in Sports (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=248700)

Bullet_Dodger 10-30-2006 08:52 PM

BD\'s 15 Worst Franchises in Sports

The following is based on numerous categories, including ownership, talent, production, stadium, affordability, coaching, and hotness of the cheerleaders.

1. Portland Trail Blazers- Nicknamed the Jailblazers for a reason, you'll be hard pressed to find many worse franchises in this. Although the Blazers had some success, John Nash decided to revamp the roster in 03 with players that are less talented, but also with less of a rap sheet. It's a shame Blazer fans have to deal with this, as they are as loyal as they come.
2. Arizona Cardinals- Have had only one winning season and NFL playoff appearance since 1984. Terrible terrible attendance at Sun Devil Stadium, and although since they've moved its gotten better, its still not nearly where they want it.
3. Kansas City Royals- Davis Glass is an owner who gives the sport a bad rap. He never attempts to go after any big free agents, and rarley re-signs the decent ones he has. As a result Kansas City will not have a competitive team for years to come.
4. Oakland Raiders- Don't need to explain this one. The Raiders are clueless right now, with the exception of the win over the Steelers. They have no trust in their coaches, and play without a passion on the field. Ever since the SB appearance a few years back they have been on a freefall.
5. New York Knicks- The Knicks are redefining what a bad franchise is. To spend so much money on players and a Hall of Fame coach, then to become the worst team in the league for possibly the next 10 years completely redefines futility and terrible management.
6. Tampa Bay Devil Rays
7. Toronto Raptors
8. Minnesota Vikings
9. San Fran 49ers
10. Atlanta Hawks
11. Philadelphia Phillies
12. L.A Dodgers
13. Baltimore Orioles
14. L.A Clippers
15. Detroit Lions

Honorable Mention: Cleveland Browns

Discuss.

Edit: I did not include NHL.

curtis012 10-30-2006 08:55 PM

Re: BD\'s 15 Worst Franchises in Sports

I would agree with the Raptors before they hired Colangalo (sp?)

Triumph36 10-30-2006 08:55 PM

Vikings have no business being on this list.

Cubswin 10-30-2006 08:57 PM

Chicago Blackhawks deserve to be on that list.

MyTurn2Raise 10-30-2006 08:57 PM

St. Louis/Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals is #1

at least Portland competed for awhile

Bullet_Dodger 10-30-2006 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not include NHL because I dont follow it enough. But they would be top 3.

Pudge714 10-30-2006 08:58 PM

This list is horrible.

MyTurn2Raise 10-30-2006 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely...I cannot believe how much they've alienated their fan base

MinRaise 10-30-2006 09:01 PM

Detroit Lions should be top 5. Not sure what argument there is for them being below the Vikings, who clearly don't even belong on the list. Pittsburgh Pirates clearly belong on the list. I guess NHL teams were not included.

lorinda 10-30-2006 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Portland Trail Blazers

[/ QUOTE ]

Portland's site is surprisingly upbeat so far. Many of the fans are expecting a rise to mediocrity this year.

Lori