Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Travel (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Teppanyaki/HIbachi style places in Boston? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527159)

ActionJeff 10-20-2007 12:37 PM

Teppanyaki/HIbachi style places in Boston?

Going into the city today with my family and want to find a good Teppanyaki place. I can't seem to find anything online, anyone know of good places?

If not, good reasonably priced Japanese restaurants (or hell, anything good for a family) that aren't Legal Seafood?

-Jeff

O Fen�meno 10-20-2007 01:32 PM

Re: Teppanyaki/HIbachi style places in Boston?

do you live in norfolk?

Kneel B4 Zod 10-20-2007 01:52 PM

Bisuteki in Cambridge is closed for renovations, too bad.

if you don't mind Korean instead of Japanese, and something kind of close to Hibachi, then I suggest Koreana in Cambridge.

Dmunnee 10-20-2007 02:24 PM

Not sure about Japanese in Boston, but Brown Sugar is the best Thai place around. There is one on the Northeastern side and the BU side of Fenway park.

TeeJayOrTJ 10-20-2007 02:54 PM

I tried to find one within 30 minutes of Boston multiple times, but as Daryn said the only one is closed for renovations. For sushi I like tsunami in Brookline and for steak its Grille 23, just no way to get a Japanese steak place.

Kneel B4 Zod 10-20-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried to find one within 30 minutes of Boston multiple times, but as Daryn said the only one is closed for renovations. For sushi I like tsunami in Brookline and for steak its Grille 23, just no way to get a Japanese steak place.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

O Fen�meno 10-20-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure how far away norwood is from boston but there is a Hibachi steak house located right off of rt. one in norwood

27offsuit 10-20-2007 04:03 PM

I've been there (Norwood). It's OK. I'd stay in the city if you're already there. Norwood is kinda strip-mally.

Isn't there one near Gub'mint Center on Cambridge street?
Edit: scratch above, I was thinking Bisuteki on Memorial.

Also, here is a place in Needham, which is a bit closer to Boston than Norwood.

FatalError 10-20-2007 04:53 PM

best sushi is oishi in newton near BC

TeeJayOrTJ 10-20-2007 04:54 PM

The last time I tried to find a Hibachi place I ended up going to a Fondue place. Try the wine cellar on Mass Ave down near Beacon, its very good