Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   TPGK on paired turn. How do I extract the most value? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555676)

Chaser8 11-27-2007 04:25 PM

TPGK on paired turn. How do I extract the most value?

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $413.30
MP: $1,463.50
CO: $398
BTN: $463.50
Hero (SB): $396
BB: $517.40

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $15</font>, MP calls $15, 2 folds, Hero calls $13, BB folds

Flop: ($49) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">MP bets $33</font>, Hero calls $33, UTG folds

Turn: ($115) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP bets $99</font>, Hero?

Villain's stats are 30/21/2.32. I'm playing a fairly standard tag game. If I call, what's my action on a blank river? If I checkraise turn, would I be turning my hand into a bluff or would I be called enough by KJ KT and draws? Could his large turn bet be a 9?

RollinHand 11-27-2007 04:33 PM

Re: TPGK on paired turn. How do I extract the most value?

Since I hate spots like this, I like to lead 3-way flops here, makes it alot easier to play.
Your hand looks like a draw or a weak king now so why shouldn't he 2-barrel you. Don't think you should fold now, I would call and probably have to make a tuff decision on the river.

overAchiever 11-27-2007 04:36 PM

I wouldn't call an UTG rais with KQ from the blinds first of all. If I did however, I would not CR the turn unless I wanted to turn the hand into a bluff, I do not see him very often calling here with a worse hand. Yes he could obviously have a 9 but that is not very likely. You are unecesarily putting yourself into a pretty tough spot by playing this hand in this situation I think.

Chaser8 11-27-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't call an UTG rais with KQ from the blinds first of all. If I did however, I would not CR the turn unless I wanted to turn the hand into a bluff, I do not see him very often calling here with a worse hand. Yes he could obviously have a 9 but that is not very likely. You are unecesarily putting yourself into a pretty tough spot by playing this hand in this situation I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to mention UTG has stats 50/22/1.27 over 200 hands. With his raise plus another caller, I thought that KQ had some value in being played.

Both flop and turn was kind of awkward to me. Would it be better to check/raise the flop, or is leading flop still the best of all?

Chaser8 11-27-2007 07:01 PM

bump

overAchiever 11-28-2007 12:52 PM

I think leading the flop is much better then checkraising, if you CR it is mostly as a bluff because you do not want to build a big pot with this hand (they will often only call you with better or a very strong draw)