Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Should I have folded QQ pf here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548835)

rodders133 11-18-2007 06:57 AM

Should I have folded QQ pf here?

Firstly, apologies for not knowing how to post proper HH.

Full ring 2/4c
I am utg with QQ and make it 24c to go (I have around $5),
utg+1 reraises and makes it 70c to go. It folds round to me.
I check his stats and see that he has been seeing 5% of flops. He is by far the tightest player at the table.
With this information I came to the conclusion that his range of hands could only be AA KK AK, so completely dominated by 2, and a coinflip on 1. He started the hand with $2, so only had $1.30 after his reraise. I didnt feel I had the implied odds to call to try and hit my Q.
I folded. Was this correct or do you think I am playing too tight?

insyder19 11-18-2007 07:21 AM

Re: Should I have folded QQ pf here?

dont fold in this case

rodders133 11-18-2007 07:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dont fold in this case

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think villains range of hands could be here. With those pf stats, him just limping utg +1 would indicate a strong hand. But reraising a raise from utg, I could not put him on anything else.
Even if the range of hands I put him on were spot on, do you still recommend not folding?

Peleus 11-18-2007 09:39 AM

I wouldn't fold, over how many hands was this?

rodders133 11-18-2007 09:51 AM

97 hands. Of these he twice had AA, once had AKs and once had KQ. The other 93 hands he saw a flop 2.15% of the time

infinity235 11-18-2007 11:41 AM

Don't fold.

You could even call your set value, even though QQ is way to strong here.

rodders133 11-19-2007 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't fold.

You could even call your set value, even though QQ is way to strong here.

[/ QUOTE ]
If chances of flopping a set are 8/1, wouldnt we both need stacks of around $40 to make this call correct to try and hit a set?

rodders133 11-19-2007 07:26 AM

Ok, by reading these replies I get the feeling I am being viewed as playing too tight, which maybe true.
I would like to know if it is possible to put this person on such a limited range of hands. If so, then surely playing out this hand must be -EV.
If it is not possible to limit his range so much how should I have played?, reraise all in or see a flop and push if no A or K comes?
Where are you Pzhon, I always look forward to hearing what you have to say?

Donkenstein 11-19-2007 07:55 AM

You made a read and went with it. Unless information comes your way that proves you are wrong, ie you see his cards, don't question your reads for no reason.

Would I have called and saw a flop? Yes. UNLESS I had a read on the guy and thought my hand wasn't good.

Nsight7 11-19-2007 08:21 AM

Two useful stats would be his preflop raise % (you seem to have quoted his VP$P) and his 3-bet %. If both are really light, then I might make the same fold. In this case those stats ARE your read more or less and I would go with them in general without better information. But honestly, with a VP$P of just 5%, I can't imagine he raises more than 2% of the time, and certainly 3-bets less than that. His range with those stats is JJ+ imo, and JJ would occur with the least frequency in the distribution of his range here.

Meh, I agree with the laydown. But I am kinda weak-tightish in the small games (something like 15/5/2.2 or so ) so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Then again, it is kinda hard to be anything but weak-tightish when you are surrounded by 75/35/inf...