Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL10 - TPTK facing re-raise and call in multiway pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527138)

ispiked 10-20-2007 11:51 AM

NL10 - TPTK facing re-raise and call in multiway pot

No stats on UTG, but I've been playing with him for a bit and he seems fairly solid. No reads at all on SB.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $10
MP: $4.90
CO: $4.75
BTN: $1.75
SB: $11.35
Hero (BB): $10.30

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.30</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.20

<font color="blue">Calling here is probably pretty weak, especially since I'm OOP, but I really hate 3-betting here and getting into a large pot OOP.</font>

Flop: ($1.20) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $2.50</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $2.50, <font color="red">Hero ???</font>

<font color="blue">I hit my king and I bet it. Then UTG quasi-minraises and gets a call. I'm getting pretty good odds to call here, but I'm questioning whether I'm ahead of both of these guys and if I'm going to be able to play this profitably OOP on the turn/river.</font>

Sniiii 10-20-2007 11:53 AM

Re: NL10 - TPTK facing re-raise and call in multiway pot

Hero raises.

ispiked 10-20-2007 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero raises.

[/ QUOTE ]
How much? It seems like anything less than a push would leave us pot committed anyway.

HasPair 10-20-2007 12:08 PM

"Calling here is probably pretty weak, especially since I'm OOP, but I really hate 3-betting here and getting into a large pot OOP."

True, but you want to be in control and get this heads-up.

"How much? It seems like anything less than a push would leave us pot committed anyway."

I would most of the time just push it here. 3-betting pre-flop would make this so much easier to play post-flop.

YanP 10-20-2007 12:33 PM

GRUNCH, I 3-bet pre-flop here all day. Do you really want to be in a 4-way pot OOP? Surely you're better off taking the lead and possibly getting to the flop heads up. You can narrow down someones range a lot more by 3-betting. you've got to call on the flop as played and take it from there, check calling down is prob good if he makes it cheap. But I much prefer to take the lead early in the pot and you can control the betting.

KRE8R 10-20-2007 04:46 PM

TPTK, and with that board = push I say. You are getting good odds here I think.