Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Heyman: Miggy is on the block. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539833)

rwperu34 11-07-2007 04:31 AM

Re: Heyman: Miggy is on the block.

[ QUOTE ]
ANDY MARTE

DO

NOT

WANT.

It's just not gonna cut it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marte is extremely underrated right now. The pendulum has swung too far from when he was overrated a few years ago.

rwperu34 11-07-2007 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only concern is how much longer he can play 3B. Obviously we can't move him to 1B.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rumor has it that he can play roughly zero more years at third. Whoever trades for him has to be thinking about him as a 1B.

rwperu34 11-07-2007 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely. If Ellsbury and Lester is all it costs to get Cabrera (who will absolutely crush the ball in Fenway, BTW), the Red Sox will do it instantly. However, I'm sure Colletti will offer Kershaw/X for him.

HAVE I MENTIONED IT SHOULD BE A CRIME TO DO WHAT COLLETTI IS DOING TO THE DODGERS

[/ QUOTE ]

Kershaw, Loney, and X where X is an A ball pitcher with a high upside or a nearly ready AA pitcher. I like it.

NT! 11-07-2007 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only concern is how much longer he can play 3B. Obviously we can't move him to 1B.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rumor has it that he can play roughly zero more years at third. Whoever trades for him has to be thinking about him as a 1B.

[/ QUOTE ]

that makes him a little less attractive to the jankees imo. but not too much since they have betemit i guess.

sucks for the dodgers too, where would they play loney? i guess they'd prob trade him, possibly in the cabrera package.

really the sox are the only team that would probably have preferred he play 1B anyway. i don't think this changes that much but who knows.

NT! 11-07-2007 04:44 AM

man if i am miggy and i hear they want to trade me to the dodgers, i'm like, 'f that, joo tray me to dem i am goink to weigh four hunrid [censored] pounce.' and no way would i want to talk long-term with 'em either.

come on miggy, you want to come to boston and bang doubles off the monster all day, right?

rwperu34 11-07-2007 04:46 AM

Will Carroll has a nice little tidbit on Miguel Cabrera over at BP.

As the representative of the Diamondbacks, I offer Chris Young, Connor Jackson, and Esmerling Vasquez. K. Thanks.

kyleb 11-07-2007 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely. If Ellsbury and Lester is all it costs to get Cabrera (who will absolutely crush the ball in Fenway, BTW), the Red Sox will do it instantly. However, I'm sure Colletti will offer Kershaw/X for him.

HAVE I MENTIONED IT SHOULD BE A CRIME TO DO WHAT COLLETTI IS DOING TO THE DODGERS

[/ QUOTE ]

Kershaw, Loney, and X where X is an A ball pitcher with a high upside or a nearly ready AA pitcher. I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh god i want to vomit

kyleb 11-07-2007 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

As the representative of the Diamondbacks, I offer Chris Young, Connor Jackson, and Esmerling Vasquez. K. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not in favor of trading Chris Young. I realize that we can just play Upton in CF and Quentin in RF, but Chris Young is worth sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

Sigh. That's giving up a ton, and I do mean a TON.

rwperu34 11-07-2007 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not in favor of trading Chris Young. I realize that we can just play Upton in CF and Quentin in RF, but Chris Young is worth sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

Sigh. That's giving up a ton, and I do mean a TON.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, obviously I'd rather deal Gonzalez or Quentin, but if Young is involved nobody could trump it.

kyleb 11-07-2007 05:22 AM

That's true, but Chris Young is arguably worth as much as Miguel Cabrera.