Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   A2o otb (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510979)

Dave Mac 09-27-2007 11:53 PM

A2o otb

villian is super tag -29/26/2.35 over 340 hands
30-60 on ftp

i open otb with A2o, villan 3 bets, i call.
flop is Qs 9s Ah
he bets i call.
turn is Tc
he checks i bet he crs, i fold.

standard, you guys ever check the turn or call down?
dave

jba 09-28-2007 12:25 AM

Re: A2o otb

if I think he plays good ie he's not taking sevens to showdown I check the turn

geormiet 09-28-2007 01:23 AM

In general I think your line is best, you gotta extract from KK/KQ/QJ/pocket pairs. this board is pretty semibluff friendly, but there aren't many semibluffing hands he could have that don't have you smoked already. KsTs is like the only I can think of.

It seems like a weird line for him to take though, what are some hands you think he can have with this line? Board is drawy, why would he do this with a big ace, set, or two pair? If he plays the way I think a tag should play then he would bet the turn with all those holdings.

Michael Davis 09-28-2007 04:03 AM

Seriously, I don't see how checking the turn could be justifiable at all.

-Michael

Leader 09-28-2007 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, I don't see how checking the turn could be justifiable at all.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, one time I could see it is if you're pretty sure you're only getting one bet out of villain if he has a worse hand. If this is the case, then it's better to see the river and get the bet(s) or not when you will have additional info. There also may be a case for checking if villain c/r's a lot with a good distribution of bluffs to value raises. In any case though, you will be giving villain a free card sometimes when he would have folded. OP played the hand the way I would have for what that's worth. I don't think you can justify a check without some feel for the player.

jba 09-28-2007 10:01 AM

"In any case though, you will be giving villain a free card sometimes when he would have folded"

do you really think he's going to fold a pair+king? if not what hands are you talking about that aren't 2 outers? I guess 88. if you get called on the turn are you betting the river?

"It seems like a weird line for him to take though"

really? it's a line I take quite a bit and I see it a lot too.

noles321 09-28-2007 10:45 AM

Given his aggression isn't it quite resonable to also assume many hands that include a pair and a draw in his raise range? Just curious if most auto fold in this situation?

Tryptamean 09-28-2007 12:01 PM

I call down. I think you are probably chopping. My most likely hand in villian's spot is TPNK. Most tags will be looking to b/3b anything stronger and just c/c or b/c 1pr+draw/strong draw types of hands.

Edit: actually, I didn't really consider he pf action in my statement above... maybe his pf 3bet makes this a fold...

dangerfish 09-28-2007 12:56 PM

I don't want to say he's never bluffing here but ok I'll say it he's never bluffing here. Fold.

danzasmack 09-28-2007 01:25 PM

I like the turn bet/fold. I think i check vs. a slightly more passive player.

Some Lag/Tag-ish type guys will check a hand like JT here.

However, I will say that sometimes I do raise this flop. Not necessarily standard for me but it does open up a lot of player's turn c/r range to the point where I am calling down and it's profitable as opposed to calling down and drawing dead.