Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Hands per down (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=456501)

QuadsOverQuads 07-20-2007 10:55 PM

Hands per down

I'm curious as to how posters here define the terms "fast dealer", "slow dealer", and "average dealer".

In your opinion, how many hands per down does a dealer have to deal to qualify as "Fast", "Average" or "Slow"?

(on edit : -- Assume: Limit Hold'em, knowledgable players, 30 minutes per down).

Lord_Strife 07-20-2007 11:08 PM

Re: Hands per down

How long is a "down"? It varies from B&M places

QuadsOverQuads 07-20-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How long is a "down"? It varies from B&M places

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops ... thanks for catching that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

For purposes of this poll: 1 down = 30 minutes.

q/q

atrainpsu 07-21-2007 12:50 AM

People voted for 25+ hands in a half hour? If that was the case, I've seen like 1 fast dealer in my life. And that was a 5 handed tight 3-6 game, where there was maybe 1 showdown in the down. I haven't dealt or played a higher limit holdem game, but I don't think it's possible to average 25 hands/down.

QuadsOverQuads 07-21-2007 01:05 AM

I should've added one more specification:

full table (9-handed or 10-handed)

q/q

LuckyTxGuy 07-21-2007 01:08 AM

I had a dealer at the Gold Strike in Tunica, MS who could consistently deal 20-22+ hands per down in a donkey $3/6 game. He was NOT rushing the game, he was just very efficient and still had time for some small chit chat. Who knows how many hands he'd get per down if he was dealing a game where people didn't have to ask "how much is it to me?" "how much can I bet?" every single time the action was on them.

Oh BTW, I know how many hands he dealt because I counted. I often count how many hands I see per down by taking a chip off my stack and setting is aside for every hand I'm dealt. By the end of the down, I count the chips and know exactly how many hands the dealer dealt. Shufflemasters are good for about 5 more hands per hour according to my counts.

pokerdoug1973 07-21-2007 07:37 PM

Good, fast dealers can get 20-22 average with the machines in low limits as long as the games are not full of drinkers.

MicroBob 07-21-2007 07:56 PM

I think a couple of the dealers at the Bellagio can get 25-30.
Some of their best dealers are so fast it's insane. Very impressive.

soah 07-21-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(on edit : -- Assume: Limit Hold'em, knowledgable players, 30 minutes per down).

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

QuadsOverQuads 07-24-2007 03:37 AM

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to this poll [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

q/q