Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Borgata 10k HELLLP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=502678)

mastr 09-16-2007 11:59 PM

Borgata 10k HELLLP

I've asked tons of people this and everyone is split exactly 50/50 so far on what to do this hand, gimme the advice guys...
200/500/50 i have 24-26k I think around 25, was at 4k at start of level have been opening a good amount of pots..
10 handed table,

we're in mp3 and make it 1500 with AKo

Cutoff = old nit, but not terrible at all at poker. He says he plays online every day and I'd assume him to actually be around a breakeven player, slightly minus, but def not like most old nits.
Cutoff 3-bets to 5k... this is either his first or 2nd 3bet in the 8 hours we've played together, his stack is 45k

Small Blind = Ted Forrest, he's been opening a ton of pots, and winning with c-bets on flops and turns fairly easily, hasn't been 3betting a ton, and has 65k in the stack

Small blind thinks for maybe 25 seconds then coldcalls...

Action on us, 13k in the middle....

Bond18 09-17-2007 12:04 AM

Re: Borgata 10k HELLLP

I fold because old nits 3 betting ranges are absurdly tight.

PhatPots 09-17-2007 12:10 AM

there are 3 options you have and fold is not one of them

1. Shove - I would leaning very strongley towards this. Given Stack sizes
2. Call - make a bet into the old nit on ANY FLOP of like 6,500 if Forrest checks to you
3. Call - Hope to hit an A or a K and it play it strong, or release it if you miss.

ZJ123 09-17-2007 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2. Call - make a bet into the old nit on ANY FLOP of like 6,500 if Forrest checks to you
3. Call - Hope to hit an A or a K and it play it strong, or release it if you miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think calling is the worst option, not sure whats the best though bwtn shoving and folding.

Mench 09-17-2007 12:26 AM

if hes old i dont care if hes not 'that nittish' hes still an old nit and i snapfold.

PhatPots 09-17-2007 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think calling is the worst option, not sure whats the best though bwtn shoving and folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding is terrible IMO, are we going to put old man on AA everytime he 3-bets? ..........Weak tight

ZJ123 09-17-2007 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding is terrible IMO, are we going to put old man on AA everytime he 3-bets? ..........Weak tight

[/ QUOTE ]

his range could be QQ+ AK, .... And we also have to worry about Ted Forrest who could easily have KK+....

so yeah i fold.

Fold > Shove > Call

coxquinn 09-17-2007 12:51 AM

wow yeah I think fold is best and that's rare I say that about Ak pf

mastr 09-17-2007 01:08 AM

call is retarded can we please not even discuss it

Bond18 09-17-2007 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If everytime is once every 4 hours, somehow, i'll live knowing i'm being owned like that.