Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Big call vs bigjoe2003, how bad is this really? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546347)

kleath 11-14-2007 08:47 PM

Re: Big call vs bigjoe2003, how bad is this really?

Joe gets mad when he busts on the bubble I think and just berates randomly, it may not be the best option but in the play itself its not -$ev

kleath 11-14-2007 08:49 PM

Also AMT we fare better against a slightly tighter range than ATC

Tantalus747 11-14-2007 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If hes on any 2, its barely +EV (+0.1)....since bigjoe is known to spite call anyways, I'd probably have just typed in "my bubble!!!!" if i had made the call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think bigjoe's pushing slightly less than 100% here. I've seen in his vids him folding things like 25o while explaining that if it was suited it'd be good enough. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

microbet 11-14-2007 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the idea is that, as kevin touched on, its much better to shove when you know he cant call than call off with such close stacks and such a dominating position when hes already shoved.

If hes on any 2, its barely +EV (+0.1)....since bigjoe is known to spite call anyways, I'd probably have just typed in "my bubble!!!!" if i had made the call.

fact is, even if the shorty is calling kinda loose and you calling with as wide as JJ+, AK, he should still be pushing like 90% of his hands, so its almost always going to be +EV or him to be shoving more or less ATC. it sucks but you just cant really call, he got to act before you....such is life.

[/ QUOTE ]

?

NE calculator shows BJ should shove 100% and BB should call 4.7%, including AKo.

If either BJ doesn't push enough, or perhaps he is pushing correctly because he's correctly assuming people are calling too much (may or may not be true), then it would be a bad call. If everyone is playing correctly, or if BJ is playing correctly and correctly reading people for folding too much, then it's a good call.

edit: RE AKo vs narrower range - yeah, it may be a good call even if BJ thinks people call a little too much.

AMT 11-14-2007 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right, but it looks like the EV difference from when hes pushing ATC vs 90% vs 85% is like within 1 and 2 cents of each other. I'm not good enough to narrow it that much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pudge714 11-14-2007 08:55 PM

Fold AK.
Snap call T9s and type "my bubble" into chat.

rakemeplz 11-14-2007 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to know, I was thinking the other way.

rakemeplz 11-14-2007 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nash doesn't apply here. That's for HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going by the holdemresources nash icm calculator, which says its a +ev. I'd guess he's probably pushing wider I think 85-90% is a good figure like you said, which I figured would make it an easier call, but maybe its about the same.

kleath 11-14-2007 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right, but it looks like the EV difference from when hes pushing ATC vs 90% vs 85% is like within 1 and 2 cents of each other. I'm not good enough to narrow it that much [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because you arent bigjoe lol

Imo this is probably a fold even considering meta, especially when the 2 shorties are close in chips AND they play too passive here, meaning you and joe are often just gonna trade off taking pots until one picks up a hand or gets pissed, I really doubt its a $100 mistake though.

Ditch Digger 11-14-2007 09:03 PM

If he was in the SB I'd snap call because you'll be subject to him pushing relentlessly the next few hands. Since you are on his right you'll be able to shove in front of him on the next 3 hands.