Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Big call vs bigjoe2003, how bad is this really? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546347)

suzzer99 11-16-2007 11:53 PM

Re: Big call vs bigjoe2003, how bad is this really?

Well if he's shoving any 2, AKo isn't that much different than AJs. So if you put some doubt in his mind that you'll call him with other big aces, then his range starts to change drastically.

DevinLake 11-17-2007 12:00 AM

ok I read a bit of this thread and just want to say one thing:

lol at people thinking him calling with AKo will tighten up anyones pushing range. Zomg, dalla calls as wide as 4%, I better not shove into him.

curtains 11-17-2007 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well if he's shoving any 2, AKo isn't that much different than AJs. So if you put some doubt in his mind that you'll call him with other big aces, then his range starts to change drastically.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJs is better than AKo if hes shoving any 2 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

CheeseMoney 11-17-2007 01:33 AM

JTs is better than 22. Um... never really thought about that with AJs. I guess I've folded AKo to plenty of shoves near bubble time as 2nd stack, but I can't imagine that this would be one of them, even if BigJoe threatened to haunt me in the afterlife or whatever he promised.

suzzer99 11-17-2007 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

lol at people thinking him calling with AKo will tighten up anyones pushing range. Zomg, dalla calls as wide as 4%, I better not shove into him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you're like the 7th person who's said this. Yes if dalla calls, and says "don't worry, I'll never call you with AQ or AJ, I promise, then no joe's range doesn't change much." But that's not the way it happens.

JDalla 11-17-2007 12:29 PM

1) he's not pushing ATC, more like 70%.
2) AKo is a +EV call against 40% - 80% pushing range, according to SNG wizard.
3) it is a losing call against 100%, but he admitted he doesn't push 100% there.

RRizGod 11-17-2007 12:44 PM

i love the "im a rich nerd" threats going on in this thread.

what a tool

DevinLake 11-17-2007 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you're like the 7th person who's said this. Yes if dalla calls, and says "don't worry, I'll never call you with AQ or AJ, I promise, then no joe's range doesn't change much." But that's not the way it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

For one, even if he calls with AQ or AJ it's still not going to change his range that much. It's still a very small %. Second, calling with AK in no way comes even close to suggesting that some one will call with AJ.

So, when someone calls with AK you have to assume they'll call with AJ? What assumptions do you make when they call with AT, that they are calling any A? What about when they call with A2, then they are calling with any A, strong to med Ks and some strong Qs?

Pudge714 11-17-2007 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT, this call can very easily be +EV in a bubble because Joey will continue to pwn the bubble causing ICM to overstate your equity, but calling with AK will have very few meta implications.

selurah 11-17-2007 05:43 PM

I thought BigJo'k'e was a tool before, but his reply in this thread about spite calling you every time now b/c he "is rich enough that it doesn't matter" just confirmed it.