Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   $5 Rebuy - Fold KK here? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497011)

pfapfap 09-09-2007 11:52 AM

$5 Rebuy - Fold KK here?

This is a tourney. For some reason the converter treats rebuy tourneys as cash games.

Blinds: $15/$30
7 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $3280
UTG+1: $5270
MP1: $610
CO: $2010
Button: $1850
SB: $1800
BB: $1885

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $90</font>, 4 folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($270, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $120</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $630</font> ...

Two people showing aggression, and these people play nutty cards. Time to let it go, find a better spot?

dhillon33 09-09-2007 11:55 AM

Re: $5 Rebuy - Fold KK here?

5 dollar rebuy???

your ahead 99.9% of the time, but chances are, they have more outs lol

b-komplex 09-09-2007 12:27 PM

Without a read that they were maniacing I think I could feel alright with a fold here.

If they flip over 44 and k8o then you can bet there will be other opportunities.

JammyDodga 09-09-2007 02:46 PM

I'd raise more pre-flop.

Also, I'm happy getting it all in here, just because although you are behind sometimes, you often get crazy action in the re-buy. There range could include anthing from A6+ 44+ suited connectors from 45 up to J10

Although I dont play crazy in teh re-buy I think you have to be willing to get em all in with you good hands.

sharkscopeaholic 09-09-2007 02:51 PM

i see a "blind special" coming here, one of them probably has 89 for top pair and oesd which in a rebuy its not terrible to commit yourself with. At worst you're probalby against two pair.

wheelflush 09-09-2007 03:36 PM

it's ok to fold there. they may be maniacs, but getting to showdown here will be expensive. and they are more likely to improve. you got a pair. you're probably ahead 40% of the time.

betgo 09-09-2007 04:20 PM

I would just push the flop. If you are ahead, they have out; if you are behind, you usually have some outs. If you lose, double rebuy for another $10.

levAA 09-09-2007 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's ok to fold there. they may be maniacs, but getting to showdown here will be expensive. and they are more likely to improve. you got a pair. you're probably ahead 40% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

if hero is ahead here 40% of the time it is a clear push cause of the pot odds.
__________________________________________________ ______

in a 5$ rebuy i'd always push here as people reraise here with TPTK or similar.

L0QTiS 09-09-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise more pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, 4-5x at this level.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I'm happy getting it all in here, just because although you are behind sometimes, you often get crazy action in the re-buy. There range could include anthing from A6+ 44+ suited connectors from 45 up to J10

Although I dont play crazy in teh re-buy I think you have to be willing to get em all in with you good hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I agree wholeheartedly. Push and get ready to rebuy if necessary. If you're playing rebuys conservatively - attempting to minimize your buy-ins, I'm not sure there's much of a point of playing as you might as well just play a freezout

earck 09-10-2007 01:08 AM

I am NEVER folding here with your stack in a rebuy period. You are ahead here A LOT and if you happen to get unlucky you are a double rebuy away from getting most of your stack back.

Seriously though, you shouldn't even have to think about this, very easy call. If you had say 12-20k and it was for your stack then it is a tough decision, but since you have just barely above the minimum (3k) its an easy all in.