Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   I havent played very well here. Perhaps I can buy my way out? (50) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367348)

ama0330 03-29-2007 06:33 PM

I havent played very well here. Perhaps I can buy my way out? (50)

Not too happy about this hand. Let me know what you guys think.

Villain is 44/9/1.3 and I dont have any non-stats reads on him as such.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $19.25
CO: $67.45
Hero: $52.90
SB: $62.55
BB: $53.80

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $3</font>, BB folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($9.5, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $5</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($19.5, 2 players)
CO checks, Hero...

boycalledroy 03-29-2007 06:37 PM

Re: I havent played very well here. Perhaps I can buy my way out? (50)

Problem is you have no information, a bet of 5 into a pot like that seems like a blocking bet. You could probably muscle him out of a flush draw and a straight draw here. I don't think he is overly strong but repping the 5 will be difficult. I would check behind personally, you need to bet about PSB to shake him off I think, and I don't want to risk it with little info!

ama0330 03-29-2007 06:37 PM

Im lost between "okay" and "totally horrible" on my flop call here. This hand is annoying me.

prodonkey 03-29-2007 06:37 PM

god those are the guys that destroy me.. 40/10's.. 50/10's.. bleh. I always give them credit for that middle crap.. if you do make your straight it's a pretty obvious one.. unless u manage to hit a 9 and catch him with a bare 8 then u stack him. I'd check the turn.. he's probably going to call even if you bet.

ama0330 03-29-2007 06:38 PM

Does anyone raise the flop?

prodonkey 03-29-2007 06:41 PM

No. he's got calling station numbers and he's firing 1/2 pot into 2 people.. he could easily have any 2 pair.. a set.. straight.. or a horribly played overpair. Most of these guys don't bet draws like that.

ama0330 03-29-2007 06:45 PM

Yeah I gues this hand is pretty standard really. I think that in future Im just going to fold this flop, I cant see why I floated here it doesnt make sense.

Anyway I figured he was just trying to steal (obv not a very smart conclusion) so I lead out for $15 and he called (???) river was a 7 so board is

6 5 7 5 7

And he pushes, so I obv fold.

Results: <font color="#FFFFFF">He told me he had TT. I dont believe him. I told him I folded a 5 on the river. He DID believe me. Lollers.</font>

ADK 03-29-2007 07:01 PM

folding preflop, folding flop. i dont understand why you called his raise preflop.

EMc 03-29-2007 07:04 PM

ADK,

Good odds, Amazing position.

Michael Fish 03-29-2007 07:08 PM

HU If you've got the implied odds on him paying off I'd nearly always raise it up. If you hit great, but if not drop it as fast as you would a chick with crabs. As is a call.

If a nine peels off that turn you're golden and have his stack even a four and you're usually going to pick at up least another call on the turn. In anycase I think you get paid or split more offen than enough to make it worth it in the long run. As it is you nearly always see the villan with some random conected [censored] that's picked up a pair or two.