Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   HOW BAD DO I SUCK? LINE HELP PLEASE (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497487)

getitfixed 09-10-2007 02:42 AM

HOW BAD DO I SUCK? LINE HELP PLEASE

So, I decide to take a shot at 5/10 cause I've been running great at 1/2 and 2/4 and the 3/6 game doesn't look great.... Then, along comes Brad Booth (he is the Villan in this hand) and I'm like a kid at a hot stove, I gotta touch it. Then, I get a good hand and proceed to vomit all over it. How could I have gotten more value? Oh yeah, stack sizes HERO- $827 Booth-$1293
Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) HERO is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, Button calls, HERO checks.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($25, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Button bets $20</font>, HERO calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($65, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Button bets $30</font>, HERO calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($125, 3 players)
Button checks.

HERO????

iggymcfly 09-10-2007 03:27 AM

Re: HOW BAD DO I SUCK? LINE HELP PLEASE

Just repot the flop. There are a lot of bad cards that can come for your hand and you don't want to let him get a free look. As played, the turn's fine and you can try to value bet the river for half-pot, but if you really wanted to build a pot, you had to do it on the flop.

On the bright side, there's a pretty good chance that you're up against air here and wouldn't have gotten paid no matter what you did.

darkcore 09-10-2007 03:58 AM

not playing that high, so take everything i say with a grain of salt... but imo the only way to get much more value is (like iggy pointed out) to raise the flop.

as played he almost pot flop, 1/2 pot turn and now has to realize you have at least a 9. and there are not many hands out there that will pay you off big. and in the unlikely case you get some more big river action here, chances are you are in trouble.

i'd just value bet river a bit and let him look you up.

jbird 09-10-2007 08:59 AM

Raise pot flop.

As played now instajam pot. He's not calling, but he might get freaky with a crazy move every now and again.

gordo16 09-10-2007 10:28 AM

As played, just make a half-pot value bet/bluff and hope to get called by a strong ace that stubbornly puts you on the busted str8 draw.

But yeah, your flop hand really is not very strong at all. I would raise the flop, not even necessarily for value but to make sure you're not up against anything like 99 or 1010. Also, consider raising the turn, because a flat call on a paired turn followed by a river bet blank is IMO 95% of the time a boat, or at least at 5/10 and up that is my experience.