Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Games with tremendous storylines? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558647)

tarheeljks 12-01-2007 07:17 PM

Re: Games with tremendous storylines?

if you like star wars the kotor games have good story lines. they were originally released on xbox, but they are on pc also.

Jack of Arcades 12-01-2007 07:27 PM

MGS3 MGS3 MGS3 MGS3 MGS3 MGS3 MGS3 MGS3 MGS3 MGS3 MGS3 MGS3 MGS3 MGS3 MGS3.

fiskebent 12-01-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He asked for games. Not movies where you have to press a button every 5 minutes.

JuntMonkey 12-01-2007 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He asked for games. Not movies where you have to press a button every 5 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice.

dibbs 12-01-2007 08:54 PM

There are very few video games with great or interesting stories IMO.

You might want to try Secret of Evermore for SNES, kind of quirky storyline and interesting world that I remember really liking.

I loved the MGS series, Twin Snakes for GC and MGS2 and 3 for PS2 would make for a good winter break trilogy IMO.

I'd recommend Shenmue 1 & 2 as well if you could easily get your hands on a Dreamcast and Xbox.

zyrrth 12-01-2007 09:32 PM

Planescape: torment prolly has the deepest story in any videogame.

Zutroy 12-01-2007 09:39 PM

MGS 3 does have a great storyline and is overall one of the best games I've played. If you don't mind going old school, and if you can find a copy, Suikoden 2 had one of the best storylines I've seen in a game. It was very compelling and didn't really lose steam as they tend to. Suikoden 3 also had a great and uniquely told story in it. Those are the only two I've played so far but I think the Suikoden series is pretty grossly underrated. Anyway, both are worth looking into if you like the FF series.

Also, I didn't see this mentioned but Grim Fandango is hands down a must-play if you are looking for story. The graphics are quite outdated but I think it is still playable. Adventure might not be your thing, but it is seriously worth considering (again it is rather old so tracking down a copy might be difficult).

ADK 12-01-2007 10:02 PM

first thing i thought of was all the metal gear solids. amazing amazing game

eviljeff 12-01-2007 10:19 PM

Godfather Blackhand is interesting. obviously it follows the plot of The Godfather, but fills in the behind the scenes with your character.

edit: example, you are sitting in the restaurant when Michael Corleone assassinates Solazzo and the cop and help him escape.

scotchnrocks 12-01-2007 10:39 PM

I enjoyed the story in God of War