Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   100PLO: AAxx is costing me a fortune, flop decision. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=462627)

DevinLake 07-27-2007 09:11 PM

100PLO: AAxx is costing me a fortune, flop decision.

I don't have much of a read on the BB. Button has 4 cards and that's all he needs to see a flop.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $197
Button: $386.30
SB: $240.75
BB: $216.65

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $7</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $15</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $66</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($185, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in $157.65</font>, Hero ???? ($138 behind)

paulw 07-27-2007 09:37 PM

Re: 100PLO: AAxx is costing me a fortune, flop decision.

I'm new to PLO but i'll take a shot. I fold this on the flop. Calling would be extremely marginal. All you have is an overpair with no re-draw, BB obviously likes his hand so without reads I get rid of it. But maybe i'm too nitty. Pre flop 4 handed I probably play it the same but interested to hear thoughts on that too.

chucky 07-27-2007 10:09 PM

easy fold. if you opponent has fd+ pair, two pair, or almost any hand other naked kings and queens he is a favorite over you. Additionally their is also the button who has both of you covered.

wazz 07-27-2007 10:57 PM

If you didn't have button behind it would be a call.

southerndog 07-27-2007 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you didn't have button behind it would be a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Typically this lead out here is something marginal, rather than a very strong hand. Most power hands would go for checkraise. I'd guess you have the odds to call against his hand, but with button left to act, this is scetchy.

Troll_Inc 07-27-2007 11:57 PM

As it turns out, unless you are playing super donkeys, getting in between 30-50% of your stack in preflop isn't terribly profitable. It's not like it is a huge leak or nothing but will add a lot of variance.

wazz 07-28-2007 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As it turns out, unless you are playing super donkeys, getting in between 30-50% of your stack in preflop isn't terribly profitable. It's not like it is a huge leak or nothing but will add a lot of variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Elrazor 07-28-2007 05:18 AM

out of interest whats your raising range pre flop? Buttons mini raise suggests he knows you might have AAxx and repop him and hes holding a quality rundown with position but wants to maintain control of the pot.

its a standard fold with the button still to act

RoundTower 07-28-2007 05:30 AM

I think this is really close, BB usually has a draw, button will usually fold (or call with worse), and you are getting such a good price. I think I might call.

Also, are the numbers right or is there a mistake with the converter? I don't see how you can make it $66 and it's pretty important exactly how much is left on the flop.

ColdDecker333 07-28-2007 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL