Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   The Hated Free Showdown Raise Maybe (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534496)

jkamowitz 10-30-2007 11:03 AM

Re: The Hated Free Showdown Raise Maybe

Because we still beat 55/99/TT/9Ts/K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T/and various other other hands.

BadBigBabar 10-30-2007 12:04 PM

this is what's known as an easy value raise

dcb777 10-30-2007 12:13 PM

Easy turn raise, and bet the river as well. If he shows you a small flush oh well.

cgrohman 10-30-2007 12:24 PM

I gave a lot of thought to this. I'm not sure what the answer would have been at the time, but I believe the correct answer against this player is YES.

Aside from value, I raised the turn because I held the As, which, against this player, and most players, means that after the flop action, he just can't/won't 3-bet the turn, even with A King high flush for fear that I am holding the nuts.

cgrohman 10-30-2007 12:26 PM

If he 3 bets me on the turn and leads the river, he is beating me.

jkamowitz 10-30-2007 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered this already, he won't/can't cause you have the trump and have put in a ton of action.

(not necessarily true as I somehow managed to go 5 bets on the flop and 5 on the turn when I flopped the nuts vs. a Jack high flush but that was a much different circumstance)

Munchkin Mayor 10-30-2007 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't three bet you on the turn, right? Therefore, I think it is pretty unlikely that he has a flush. ie, if he has a decent flush, eg, Kigh or Queen high, then it would be hard for him to put you on a bigger flush combo that you are holding given your preflop raise.

If he held a small flush he may not have three bet the turn, awaiting to see a non-flush card on the river. In this case, I would expect him to donk the river.

Either way, you should get a least one more bet in on the river.

cgrohman 10-30-2007 12:58 PM

I don't want to reveal the turn action. But at the time, I wasn't expecting a riase even from a king high flush.

LukeSLTS 10-30-2007 03:37 PM

You have to raise this turn because you are ahead a good portion of the time and have better than a 30% to improve on the river if you are behind. I don't expect a three bet.

cgrohman 10-30-2007 04:02 PM

I guess my real question is- do I bet a blank river-- that;s waht I meant. If I am not betting a blank river then it is a free showdown raise. If I am betting a blank river, then its a value raise. etc etc etc