Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   QJ oop on Q33 board (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550248)

Fathomer1977 11-19-2007 11:17 PM

QJ oop on Q33 board

CO is new to the table. Nothing difficult about the hand but at a loss as to how to interpret his calling down.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $3.65
UTG: $4.95
MP: $4.30
CO: $6.95
BTN: $2.75
SB: $2.95

CO posts $0.10
Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG folds, MP calls $0.10, CO checks, BTN folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.40) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.25</font>, MP folds, CO calls $0.25, SB folds

No draws on the board. He posted so there's no range for his preflop hand. I'm thinking he's slow playing the 3, has a Q with a weak kicker, or has an A. Is this a correct analysis?

Turn: ($0.90) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.50</font>, CO calls $0.50

River: ($1.90) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero ?</font>,

rothko 11-20-2007 03:44 AM

Re: QJ oop on Q33 board

check river, call small bet

KEW 11-20-2007 04:38 AM

2+2er do not play short stacked PLEASE re-buy..What is wrong with the table largest stack is ONLY 70BBs...

Bet river for $1 and fold to a raise..Do not check call!!!! Villain calling range is much wider then his betting range and villain will NEVER bluff raise you here..Villain posted a BB OOP and did not buy-in full..I give him zero credit and will not try to induce a bluff by checking...

jessica1994 11-20-2007 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2+2er do not play short stacked PLEASE re-buy..What is wrong with the table largest stack is ONLY 70BBs...

Bet river for $1 and fold to a raise..Do not check call!!!! Villain calling range is much wider then his betting range and villain will NEVER bluff raise you here..Villain posted a BB OOP and did not buy-in full..I give him zero credit and will not try to induce a bluff by checking...

[/ QUOTE ]

why not just check/fold then?

KEW 11-20-2007 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why not just check/fold then?

[/ QUOTE ]

C/F is an option..I just feel we get more value out of villain calling range and can fold with 100% confidence to a raise..I do favor a C/F to a C/C line as I definitely feel we are behind when villain bets anything more then a ridiculous low amount..I also think there is a small but not insignificant chance that villain folds a better Q or a split pot some % of the time..