Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   A bad ban by Mason (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=471882)

RR 08-07-2007 07:53 PM

A bad ban by Mason

I have already sent a PM to Mason. He has banned CincyLady for spamming for the Heartland Poker Tour. I don't beleive she has any relationship with that tour as she is a semi-regular in the room I work in. She is excited about the tour, but she is pretty clueless. She asked me if I plan to play in in when in fact part of my job working down the street is to put together a tournament series to run against it. She is the first "casual" or "fishy" player I have met from 2+2 that isn't a dealer. Oh and she is annoying as hell when she plays in our room, but I think she is an excited player rather than a spammer.

iron81 08-07-2007 08:00 PM

Re: A bad ban by Mason

The two threads closest to the top by her were about the WSOPC instead of the HPT. Earlier, I used the advice she gave about a WSOP hotel package to save a few bucks. However, I think Mason picked up on how annoying her enthusiasm was when he banned her.

*TT* 08-07-2007 08:04 PM

RR - I am not a CincyLady fan, she is a retarded and very stubborn poster. But I think you have a convincing case, you should send Mason a PM to explain there was a miscommunication; he is a reasonable man.

On a related note CincyLady posted about the tour in B&M, but the thread is gone. Did you see it? The only thing I can think of is that CincyLady herself deleted it and moved it to the tourny forum.

RR 08-07-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RR - I am not a CincyLady fan, she is a retarded and very stubborn poster. But I think you have a convincing case, you should send Mason a PM to explain there was a miscommunication; he is a reasonable man.

On a related note CincyLady posted about the tour in B&M, but the thread is gone. Did you see it? The only thing I can think of is that CincyLady herself deleted it and moved it to the tourny forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent a quick note to Mason, but being at work I didn't send him a detailed PM. She is just as annoying in person and is goofy enough to think that some traveling tour will put on a better touranmetn than I do (there events are similiar in size to some of our weekly events).

*TT* 08-07-2007 09:12 PM

Is she a back-woods inbred beast? Something tells me she is... but I hope I am wrong.

Mason Malmuth 08-07-2007 09:20 PM

Hi RR:

I'll turn this over to Mat Sklansky and if he thinks it's okay for her to come back it will be his decision.

On a related note, I've been receiving stuff from the HPT the past couple of days including correspondence with their director. In a nutshell they seem to want us to purchase advertising on their TV show, but I felt that some of what they presented to me was disengenuous in nature. And then on top of that we have this person initiating what looks like advertisements in a number of threads.

Best wishes,
Mason

RR 08-07-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is she a back-woods inbred beast? Something tells me she is... but I hope I am wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes she is.

She is rather simple. We are currently having a promo where we are sending a player to a WPT event. She doesn't understand that I have no interest in how "our" player does once he gets to the event, my concern is getting play from them while they are in Colorado.

RR 08-07-2007 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Mason. She is not playing in tonight's event; I will most likley see her next Mon.

iron81 08-07-2007 10:58 PM

Would anyone go for: "She wasn't really spaming but she's annoying so leave her banned"? Or would that just cause problems for RR?

RR 08-07-2007 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would anyone go for: "She wasn't really spaming but she's annoying so leave her banned"? Or would that just cause problems for RR?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it wasn't my forum, but she does play in my room. She is very annoying, both on here and in real life.