Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Desperately trying to be healthier (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509884)

Jeff_B 09-26-2007 02:06 PM

Desperately trying to be healthier

Any suggestions?
Current status: Student with 1 class never go
Working two jobs - 1 at a grocery store (stock crew) and 2 repairing pcs

Part of my problem is fast food -
I eat it daily. Looking for suggestions on stuff to eat against this that tastes good / isnt horrible for me.

Second question - beverages
At the grocery store I generally sweat because its florida but not horribly. yet I drink gatorade constantly (versus soda which I used to drink)

I have been told be several people that drinking gatorade is horrible since it has a ton of sugars.

Im also 5'11 195 gained 10+ in the month or two have almost no excercise outside work.. I sit on 2+2 and poker all the time and play video games when im not.

I would like to start working out but to be honest im [censored] lazy figured the best thing to start with was eating habits..

Jordan 09-26-2007 02:16 PM

Re: Desperately trying to be healthier

gatorade is better than soda, but really is meant to be an athletic drink. if you're not being active, you should probably just be drinking water.

as for foods, there's tons of threads around discussing ways to eat better.

Jeff_B 09-26-2007 02:38 PM

thats part of the problem water doesnt really do much for me

might try some water with like propel mix in it.. is that better or do I have the same problem?

J.Brown 09-26-2007 02:41 PM

everyone will say to just drink water.

which is hard to do all the time, but here is my advice for getting off the gatorade.

dilute it. start going like 1/2 and 1/2 with water.
use and old gatorade bottle and start weening yourself off of it and to water. your body will totally appreciate it.

lots of good eating advice on here, but as far as fast food goes do the same thing. make smart choices and slowly get off the fast food all together. no more fries is a good start. then think less is more and make the best choices you can. if any questions post them or pm me.

good luck. this can be a great start to feeling and looking better everyday from now on. J.

Rootabager 09-26-2007 03:21 PM

drink crystal light or something instead of gatorade.

Jeff_B 09-26-2007 03:22 PM

what are your thoughts on subway? mostly the philly?
I seriously used to eat mcdonalds DAILY and well frankly im sick of being winded from walking up a flight of stairs (im not overweight really)

just trying to be a little more conscience...
sucks I never get out though

Jeff W 09-26-2007 04:54 PM

It's not rocket science. Stop eating fast food and drinking gatorade. Start making your own meals and drinking water.

jogsxyz 09-26-2007 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what are your thoughts on subway? mostly the philly?
I seriously used to eat mcdonalds DAILY and well frankly im sick of being winded from walking up a flight of stairs (im not overweight really)

just trying to be a little more conscience...
sucks I never get out though

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought McDonalds added healthier choices to their menu.
Maybe you're just choosing the wrong items.

SMIGLET 09-26-2007 08:38 PM

If you have to eat fast food, you can pick and choose where to eat certain items:
Mcdonalds has the healthiest chicken nuggets, Wendys the healthiest chicken sandwiches, and BK the healthiest burgers

obv dont eat fries...

Korch 09-26-2007 08:52 PM

how about diet ice tea; diet soda; iced coffee; diet energy drinks; whatever. water is better, but there are many tasty choices that are better than gatorade.