Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   nasty turn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=502219)

Riku 09-16-2007 10:42 AM

nasty turn

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, 2 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10.5SB, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Im not sure raising here was the best option. The cold callers are still getting 7:1 and the turn could change my equity a lot.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.25BB, 3 players)
MP1 checks, CO checks, Hero...

That's just one sick card.

Sushiglutton 09-16-2007 10:50 AM

Re: nasty turn

I check behind. We will more often take a FC than give one I think.

Fantam 09-16-2007 11:27 AM

I wish you had some reads.

For MP1 you are ahead of 22 comb for AA,AK &amp; AQ, and behind 14 comb for KK,QQ,JJ,TT &amp; 99. (This range could be too narrow, but it seems reasonable to me.)

CO is a worry as he could have been calling with a J or FD. There again he might have been calling with an Ax or Kx hand.

Without any reads, I think that I would bet/call the turn and if either MP or CO check/raised fold to a river bet UI.

wcsherry 09-16-2007 12:05 PM

A brutal, nasty card indeed. :/

I'll lead out on the turn, and fold to a raise.

Bona 09-16-2007 12:11 PM

IMO your flop raise was fine. Maybe the callers have odds to call maybe they don't but in any case, your play is better than giving them a cheap draw and we learned we are probably ahead.

IMO bet into this turn card and call a raise. We may still be ahead and if not we can call with 4 good outs. I think a raise here would usually mean either the flush or top straight hit so if raised we would need to hit our FH on the river.

Buzz-cp 09-16-2007 12:31 PM

we can't fold if checkraised, so I just check behind and then see how my hand looks on rvr vs action.

Buzz-cp 09-16-2007 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

at that point, we'd be getting the right odds to call for our 4-outer if behind--and sometimes we may be already ahead with top 2.

wcsherry 09-16-2007 12:48 PM

Misread the pot odds. Yeah -- I still like B/C, over C/C.

Buzz-cp 09-16-2007 01:06 PM

wcsherry, it's not cc, hero is in position. He would be checking behind.

ckj 09-16-2007 01:51 PM

In the heat of the moment I probably bet this, but a check behind is superior. And I would be able to call 1 bet UI on the river if the board doesn't get worse.