Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The last big fight De La Hoya - Mayweather (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393399)

sevenhigh 05-02-2007 01:15 AM

The last big fight De La Hoya - Mayweather

I am astonished that no one has posted this yet.

This could be the biggest fight in 5 years. The old legend against the current undefeated champ.
Does anyone think that de la hoya has a real chance? Do you think boxing can ever make the comeback or has Mixed Martial Arts simply grabbed the market? I know this is the first fight im going to watch live since the Tyson debaucheries.

HajiShirazu 05-02-2007 01:24 AM

Re: The last big fight De La Hoya - Mayweather

All I know is that I really hate the PPV commercial for this fight.

Degenerasian 05-02-2007 01:26 AM

I don't think De La Hoya has a chance, but I do think that it will be closer than everyone thinks it will be.
I really do predict a great fight.

ThaSaltCracka 05-02-2007 01:37 AM

Lets hope its a good fight. I like a good boxing match over anything MMA puts out.

TheNoodleMan 05-02-2007 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am astonished that no one has posted this yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

search is your friend

sevenhigh 05-02-2007 01:46 AM

damn i tried to search but i guess I suck at it.

Anyway I think that Mayweather is going to blow this out, however im rooting for De la Hoya. I live in canada and dont get HBO so I havnt gotten to see all the hype.

Are a lot of people fired up about this? Organizing group PPV's and such?

Sadat X 05-04-2007 02:40 PM

This should be an entertaining fight for boxing purists. Both De La Hoya and Mayweather are tremendous in terms of defense and strategy.

I don't expect to see an all-out slugfest, and because of that, I think it'll be difficult for this fight to live up to the hype in the eyes of the general public. I expect this one to go the distance, and I give a slight edge to Mayweather based on his speed.

EvanJC 05-04-2007 02:41 PM

mayweather acted like such a cliche douche at the press conference, so i'm pulling for the old guy.

samjjones 05-04-2007 03:18 PM

I'm a big fight fan, but there's been SO much buildup for this, that I'm going to boycott it out of principle.

Mayweather wins pretty easily.

DHV Champ 05-05-2007 10:55 AM

Does any know at what time the fight actually starts ? I reckon that coverage begins at 9 ET, but as I dont like all the talking and creation of drama before a fight I just want to switch the tv on for the action. Thanks !