Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   .1/.25 trips turns into AQ high (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=516540)

Velocity 10-05-2007 08:44 PM

.1/.25 trips turns into AQ high

Villian hadn't been at the table for very long. He's bet <1/2 pot once and folded after a raise and a reraise, which isn't really that helpful. I don't really have other reads yet. Effective stacks are 110 bbs.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $.1/$.25
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $.85</font>, SB calls $.75 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $2.2)</font>, BB calls $.6 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $1.1)</font>.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2.55 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.55</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($7.65, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($7.65, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $2,</font>

darkcore 10-05-2007 09:21 PM

Re: .1/.25 trips turns into AQ high

bet turn and fold to a re-raise.

as played and without reads i prolly call here and i am not suprised if i lose.

ApeAttack 10-07-2007 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet turn and fold to a re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo! You NEED to take advantage of your position. Do you really think he called on the flop with a Three?

thisnamedoesntfi 10-07-2007 04:57 AM

Bet turn 3/4 pot at least. Giving him a free card is bad here imo.

As played fold, he has a high pocket pair almost always when calling raise PF in SB.

gordo16 10-07-2007 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet turn 3/4 pot at least. Giving him a free card is bad here imo.

As played fold, he has a high pocket pair almost always when calling raise PF in SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually prefer to check this sort of turn. Your flop could very easily be a feeler bet here, and if you check the turn, it tends to give the impression that you have either missed completely or are on the str8 draw. Then, given a blank (non3) turn you can a lot of times get a value bet in with lower trips against some mid to high pocket or snap call a bad bluff from a missed str8 draw, etc... As it turned out, it's hard spot to be in given the river, but it is just usually a chance that I am willing to take.

As for the SB usually having a high pocket when they call a a raise, I'm really not sure where you base this assumption off of, but I don't really agree. I think SB's range is very wide. I would just call here and see what kind of hand they are playing this way.. I think that AQ high will be good a surprising amount of the time here.

Hopscotch 10-07-2007 03:13 PM

I probably repot here on the river.

iggymcfly 10-07-2007 06:11 PM

I'd bet 1/2 pot to 2/3 pot on the turn. If villain's drawing, he can still hit a ton of cards to beat you, and he easily could have something like a flush draw or wrap at this level in addition to a 2 which would have lots of outs. As played, call the river just in case he's misreading his hand and thinks that a weak 2 is good for something.

ApeAttack 10-08-2007 05:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I actually prefer to check this sort of turn. Your flop could very easily be a feeler bet here, and if you check the turn, it tends to give the impression that you have either missed completely or are on the str8 draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a club, 4,5,6 or A falls, you can't be confident in your hand. Charge the draws... this is 25PLO... many will call a 1/2 pot bet.