Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Cortz (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=429051)

MEbenhoe 06-17-2007 12:13 AM

Cortz

I know in the past we've never banned someone in Sporting Events just for being a [censored] poster, but this guy is awful in all forums not just sports, brags about being hated at P5s in his profile, and basically seems like the type of guy who is going to be a horrible troll while knowing just how much he can continuously get away with without getting banned.

So basically, does anyone have a problem with a preemptive ban? I ask because he hasn't done anything horrible yet, but if you read through his short posting history it is seriously awful. Maybe an IP check to see if this is a previously banned poster? I know it doesn't match any of dead's previous IP's as was suggested.

MEbenhoe 06-17-2007 12:18 AM

Re: Cortz

link to thread in ATF

link

Dids 06-17-2007 12:28 AM

Tone,

To me, this is that I call a troll, plz to be nuking.

citanul 06-17-2007 12:29 AM

why not pm him to express your problems with him and tell him to shape up, or else face consequences? or temp ban him if he's done anything legit bad with a note saying same?

MEbenhoe 06-17-2007 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tone,

To me, this is that I call a troll, plz to be nuking.

[/ QUOTE ]

tone? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

EMc 06-17-2007 01:02 AM

M,

I was gonna send you a PM about him but never got to it. He was real close to being someone i wanted to ban out of forum.

NT! 06-17-2007 01:23 AM

ban him

citanul 06-17-2007 01:46 AM

meb,

i think i should take this moment to say that my post was made without ever having read a single one of his posts. i'm assuming you have. if you think he sucks horribly, i'd probably still pm him once or something, but ban him if you want.

GrannyMae 06-17-2007 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know in the past we've never banned someone in Sporting Events just for being a [censored] poster, but this guy is awful in all forums not just sports, brags about being hated at P5s in his profile, and basically seems like the type of guy who is going to be a horrible troll while knowing just how much he can continuously get away with without getting banned.

So basically, does anyone have a problem with a preemptive ban? I ask because he hasn't done anything horrible yet, but if you read through his short posting history it is seriously awful. Maybe an IP check to see if this is a previously banned poster? I know it doesn't match any of dead's previous IP's as was suggested.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf is a preemptive ban? seriously?

have we gotten that full of ourselves?

MEbenhoe, at least link us to a bad post. i can't understand a preemptive ban, but i can spot a bannable offense when i see one.

thx

kyleb 06-17-2007 05:26 PM

ban him