Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   KQ EP shove (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540697)

SengioKang 11-07-2007 05:50 PM

KQ EP shove

2.20 bounty on UB... blinds 1/200 hero with 2600

UTG with KsQs.... shove w/ 9 to act behind or fold and wait for better position??? i realize it's +EV to push but is it really a good play to???

effective stacks are relatively all the same

brad2002tj 11-07-2007 06:05 PM

Re: KQ EP shove

UTG I fold. You aren't desperate enough to shove this hand in this position IMO.

pokerfreak_21 11-07-2007 06:08 PM

i fold it OOP

SengioKang 11-07-2007 07:26 PM

yeah, that's what i was thinking... folding it OOP

i've been toying w/ the idea of playing it stronger OOP... which is why i decided to try the "goofy" push of 9M ... a range where i thought i wouldn't get instacalled.

when i get really short like M=4 or less... pushing it gets instacalled. and then u're pretty much done cuz the calling range is less.

reality, i got called by 7s6s (flush draw was totally murdered) by a MP2 who had me covered by 15.... everyone else folded
moral of story... the donktard flops 2 pr cuz he says he was "bored" and gets my bounty [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and i make fun of him for 2 hours afterward for a 64/36 gone awry... and for the fact that on pokerdb his money stats were 2 cashes in 43.... dead money. someone asked me if i really want him to play better...to which my speedy reply was YES! because who really calls all in's w/ 7 hi and 6 ppl to act behind HIM.... without reraising his last 15 chips all in.

LOL DONKAMENTS

Nairb 11-07-2007 07:43 PM

I would push with an M of 4 way before with 9. Less goofy there IMO.

BlueEcho 11-07-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i realize it's +EV to push but is it really a good play to???

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading your post here.

SengioKang 11-07-2007 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a better thing to say is .... i stopped reading your post here because ....
1. yadda yadda yadda
2. yadda yadda yadda
3. yadda yadda yadda

please ruin me and tell me y i sock

Nairb 11-07-2007 08:15 PM

I think he means the definition of a good play is that it be +EV. How could a move be +EV yet not a good move?

BlueEcho 11-07-2007 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a better thing to say is .... i stopped reading your post here because ....
1. yadda yadda yadda
2. yadda yadda yadda
3. yadda yadda yadda

please ruin me and tell me y i sock

[/ QUOTE ]

Because if it is +EV to push then it's a good play! BTW I didn't take the time to figure out if it is +EV or not, but that wasn't the point.

SengioKang 11-07-2007 08:23 PM

i question it as a valid play even tho it's got +EV.... i'm flipping against Ace Under... soooooted helps... and all i'm really scared of is AK, AQ, KK+... which is like 2% of hands i'm likely to see... but 2% times 10 people means someone has something callable like 20% of time... so yeah its' +EV

with such a low (2.20 buy in) and a bounty attached to my head it seems like people will come after me w/ worse which happened.

the reason i was saying it wasn't a "good play" is cuz there's 9 ppl to act behind me who are all relatively even except for the 10k monster stack.

and the fact that it's a donkament totally complicates things