Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Funny river spot with 66, NL50 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549279)

ama0330 11-18-2007 09:14 PM

Funny river spot with 66, NL50

Im playing without a HUD, so I don't have any stats. Me and villain have not tangled so far, this is early on in the session and he has been under my radar - I'm on 6 tables so I haven't noticed him.

Any thoughts?

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $46.75
BB: $40.17
UTG: $48.94
CO: $59.22
BTN: $71.09

Pre-Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($4.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $2.50</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($9.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $10</font>

kaz2107 11-18-2007 09:17 PM

Re: Funny river spot with 66, NL50

fold... there wasnt a bunch of draws that missed and a ton of people when they hit trips now think their Q6 is now the nutz thus value bet it hard. if u had a read that this guy is a bluffing maniac or u had some weird history between the 2 of u then i would think a call would b closer. but without either of those looks like a good fold to me

njdoo 11-18-2007 09:19 PM

I would also fold. He couldve had a busted draw, but I see him doing this with week queens a lot at 50nl.

Malifous 11-19-2007 03:22 AM

Instafold obv, your not beating anything and it feels like villain has weak queen. That river "overbet" is weird tho.

catoandtonic 11-19-2007 05:54 AM

Without reads, I almost agree that a fold is best. For an argument, I will admit that in practice, I call this bet alot more than I would like to admit. Honestly, I call this against unknowns all the time.

While this call, may not be profitable against unknowns, I feel that against players who I have a feel for their tenancies, I pick off enough bluffs to be profitable. Villain's line really doesn't make sense. He either has a monster or nothing. When I call this, I am not afraid of any Q or T as much as I am of 77-99. I am more afraid of villain bluffing with the best hand than I am of him value betting the best hand. This is a Q very rarely imo. If he has a Q, I say nh and take a note. Whatever the result is, I take a note and adjust to this specific player.

hockeyf 11-19-2007 07:46 AM

This is not a funny river spot at all. I would lead the turn and if called I take a new decision based on the river card and his action when we check to him.

catoandtonic 11-19-2007 08:22 AM

Wow, I misread the action. I thought BTN was our villain betting turn and river. What I said in the above post was assuming something that was not true.

I don't advocate calling this anymore. I actually fold this given BB is doing the betting.

Looking at the hand from this new perspective:

In order to make our call here correct, we would need him to have a missed draw a very healthy percentage of the time. His possible hands on turn that missed are: hearts, J9, JK, and 56. That does make a decent range of hands for an unknown to bet.

The hands that make a pair greater than 6's are decent as well. AQ, KQ, QT, AT, KT, JT, and 9T. Of these, I can only see the hands containing a Q being played this way and possibly JJ. Also, we would have to add random Q's such as Q4hh to this equation. Most are not going to bet a T this hard. Although, you never really know.

All in all, I think villain is going to end up with a Q way too often for us to call. If we had AT, it might be closer.

ama0330 11-19-2007 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not a funny river spot at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why

[ QUOTE ]
I would lead the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Why

Profish2285 11-19-2007 08:43 AM

I would have folded on the turn. I think it is very possible that BB went for the c/r assuming the BTN would c-bet but missed his chance. Now he is trying to get some value out of his hand. I dont see why this cant be a queen, boat, or mayybeee a ten.

kaz2107 11-19-2007 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is not a funny river spot at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why

[ QUOTE ]
I would lead the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Why

[/ QUOTE ]i would rather c/c turn and c/f river then leading turn. unless u have seen him floating u too much betting the turn is rather useless. but that being said calling the river bet is rather spewey. if he didnt pot it i would consider it much more profitable. but i cant see him out right bluffing this river 50% of the time. that just seems like a stretch for an unknown