Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Am I ever going to learn? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519473)

BarryLyndon 10-09-2007 09:43 PM

Am I ever going to learn?

Omaha hi:

Effective stacks all around 3K blinds 25/50:

1 limp, 2 limp, 3 limp 4 limp, 5 limp, Hero has AhKhJsAs in BB and raises pot to 300, 1 call, 2 call, 3 call, fold, fold.

Flop: 2c 10c 2s

Action on hero?

I'm so sick and [censored] tired of this month it's just unbelievable. I PSBed on the flop, got RRed, call, of course he has set of 10s. Am I really supposed to not PSB here? I mean, how the [censored] do I not PSB here with a club draw on the board in a [censored] 4 way [censored] pot? Am I really supposed to [censored] worry about the [censored] set of tens or a [censored] set of 2s? Should I just limp in OOP because there is no [censored] way I can't ever [censored] not represent [censored] aces here and I"m OOP in the pot that is obviously going to be big because no way everyone is no coming along for the [censored] ride?

Barry

hasuuser 10-09-2007 10:21 PM

Re: Am I ever going to learn?

Such an easy fold on the flop. Especially with those blinds.

BarryLyndon 10-09-2007 10:54 PM

I know. Every once or twice a month, I play a PLO tournament and a [censored] suffer for it everytime (thus the title).

ChipSpeak 10-09-2007 11:20 PM

Running bad + Omaha = snap.

Proofrock 10-10-2007 03:34 AM

You have a strong hand with lots of possibilities so potting preflop is okay, but be aware that by doing so everybody is going to put you an AAxy and call because it's Omaha. Once you get to the flop you can usually bet/fold (or maybe even c/f) if there are a bunch of players left to act after you.

Personally, I typically check this hand preflop because once you raise you're going to be OOP with a really bad SPR on the flop with everybody else putting you on AAxy. However, I would happily raise this (and most other decent coordinated hands) if I was in late position.

benneh 10-10-2007 04:15 AM

i chek/fold the flop cause i'm a super nit in omaha, but the way you played its pretty clear you're beat.

registrar 10-10-2007 05:07 AM

As far as I undersatnd PLO MTTs, you make money by calling people who obviously have aces and then cracking them because no one can fold on the flop.

tomek322 10-10-2007 08:17 AM

I'm an omaha noob, but with 4 callers, i thinkyou can safely muck it on the flop.

BarryLyndon 10-10-2007 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as I undersatnd PLO MTTs, you make money by calling people who obviously have aces and then cracking them because no one can fold on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, those idiots.

Barry