Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Low limit ante/bring in structures stars vs full tilt (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515372)

Noir_Desir 10-04-2007 05:30 AM

Low limit ante/bring in structures stars vs full tilt

I have played HORSE and Stud 2/4 and 3/6 on both sites and there are quite big differences between the structures.

FT:
2/4 ante $0.4,$0.5 bring in
3/6 ante $0.5,$1 bring in

Stars:
2/4 ante $0.25, $1 bring in
3/6 ante $0.25, $1 bring in

Which structure do you like better and which adjustments should one make? The difference between money in the pot on the 2/4 level is not that big, but the bringin gets worse odds on defending on FT. So should one steal more?

I think the 3/6 structure on Stars is pretty awful and kills action. I thought about emailing them to increase antes to $0.5 . What do you think?

Mathew82 10-04-2007 06:04 AM

Re: Low limit ante/bring in structures stars vs full tilt

I like games with low antes with loose players and playing the waiting game. I think the structure in pokerstars at 3/6 is great because tons of players online are action-junkies are probably not going to be disciplined enough to wait for the hands and will tilt by getting frustrated and becoming too loose for the structure. The last thing I want as a player is to have a structure that makes the 'not so good players' style of play almost correct.

2461Badugi 10-04-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like games with low antes with loose players and playing the waiting game. I think the structure in pokerstars at 3/6 is great because tons of players online are action-junkies are probably not going to be disciplined enough to wait for the hands and will tilt by getting frustrated and becoming too loose for the structure. The last thing I want as a player is to have a structure that makes the 'not so good players' style of play almost correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT.

Noir_Desir 10-04-2007 02:22 PM

But doesn't a very low ante make the game 'easier' and lower the edge of a good player?

RustyBrooks 10-04-2007 02:40 PM

Not if your opponents continually make the mistake of playing too loosely, stealing too much, etc.

Actually I think a higher ante lowers the edge of a good player because the correct playing range is closer to what a semi-loose player naturally plays.

cmurl904 10-04-2007 05:32 PM

Very true. Games like 1/5 w/ a .50 cent ante, and 4/8 w/ a $1 ante are good examples of this.

roggles 10-06-2007 09:40 PM

What online card rooms are there with the full tilt level of antes?