Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Time to play passively? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=421697)

mvoss 06-06-2007 08:22 PM

Time to play passively?

Villain in this hand has only been at the table for a short while but hasn't done anything crazy.

Texas Hold'em $5-$10 (real money) 5-handed

mvoss posts blind ($2.50)

PRE-FLOP, mvoss has K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG raises, folded to mvoss who 3-bets, folded to UTG who caps, mvoss calls.

FLOP K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
mvoss c/c's

TURN 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
mvoss c/c's

RIVER J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
mvoss c/c's

sharpie 06-06-2007 08:32 PM

Re: Time to play passively?

That's how I do it.

jba 06-06-2007 08:38 PM

are you wondering if you should fold somewhere? otherwise, what else can you do?

danzasmack 06-06-2007 09:32 PM

c/r flop?

Carmine 06-06-2007 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c/r flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Danz, I'm not sure what this accomplishes. We of course don't want a worse hand folding. Are you suggesting a bet/fold on the turn should he just call the raise? I don't like that because he may FSD QQ being the FD on the flop.
Do you want to fold to a flop 3-bet being he is labeled as straight forward. Can't do that being we would be getting 13:1 to draw.

What am i missing

MacGuyV 06-06-2007 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
c/r flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
Danz, I'm not sure what this accomplishes. We of course don't want a worse hand folding. Are you suggesting a bet/fold on the turn should he just call the raise? I don't like that because he may FSD QQ being the FD on the flop.
Do you want to fold to a flop 3-bet being he is labeled as straight forward. Can't do that being we would be getting 13:1 to draw.

What am i missing

[/ QUOTE ]

It accomplishes winning 3 bets instead of 1.5 in the likely event he checks behind worse hands on the turn or river. Yeah sometimes you'll lose 4 instead of 2.5; so it just comes down to how much you like your hand on the flop. For me it's hard not to like it in a 5handed 5/10 game w/ a very limited read. "Worse hand folding" thing is so overrated.

milesdyson 06-06-2007 11:15 PM

yep, duh.

it is so complicated there's no way to figure it out.

the retard "I-CAPPED-PF-W/-43S-AND-WILL-FIRE-3-BARRELS" factor is the only thing that really matters wrt playing passively

seitz88 06-06-2007 11:46 PM

Anybody donk the flop here?

BigBadBabar 06-07-2007 02:04 AM

nh mvoss

Nate tha\\\' Great 06-07-2007 02:45 AM

I would check-raise the flop unless the opponent plays exceptionally tight, and even if he does play tight, you may get kind of pwned anyway since he won't bet a lot of hands that beat you on the turn/river.