Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Slowplay Quads against TAG? 9/18 Live (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=332596)

AlienBoy 02-15-2007 07:14 AM

Slowplay Quads against TAG? 9/18 Live

I rarely slowplay anything, especially 9/18 Live, since the Commerce 9/18 is just like playing 3/6.

At any rate, there are maybe 2 other thinking players at this table. One is the villain in this hand, a guy that looks like a young Sklansky, actually. His play is tight and fairly aggressive, and makes laydowns when he thinks he's beat.

I have J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB, Villain is MP1.

Pretty much everyone calls PF, I check.

Flop is

J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Often in these games I fire away in early position - I do that here, insta-firing a small bet.

UTG Calls, fold, Villain RAISES, all fold to me. Hmmm Does villain have the case Jack? if he does I'm out kicked. I just call. UTG calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hmmm. Wow quads. Well, it;'s heads up against someone who is pretty tight. If I check raise here, I'm about 80% certain he folds. And if I check call, I may get an over call from UTG.

Okay, I check, UTG checks, Villain bets, I *call*, UTG folds.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I really want to check raise here, but if I check with this crazy board, I think there's a good chance that this villain checks behind (I *really* wish some of the fish were in this hand). If I bet, I'm hoping he has a big pocket pair to raise with, but I doubt it.

I think it's best to just lead out the river...

Comments on all streets welcome.

AB

HoneyBadger 02-15-2007 07:20 AM

Re: Slowplay Quads against TAG? 9/18 Live

Lead the turn, represent an 8? Then c/r the river if he raises you? I don't know, many options. He will never believe you have the case jack anyway. Not outright.

chucksim 02-15-2007 11:54 AM

I like the call on the flop.

I lead that turn. Maybe he's got 9's and will go to war with his boat hoping you have the 8.

JJH3984 02-15-2007 12:15 PM

bet the turn. Then you can threebet and trap the guy in the middle.

AlienBoy 02-15-2007 01:53 PM

I am thinking that UTG may have folded preflop, so I was HU on the turn - does that change anything for anyone?

AB

Redd 02-15-2007 06:57 PM

Openfold obv, you can't outplay sklansky's kid

[ QUOTE ]
I am thinking that UTG may have folded preflop, so I was HU on the turn - does that change anything for anyone?

AB

[/ QUOTE ]

I still value-donk it. He checks behind with an OESD so we're basically not getting any value out of it anyways, but if he has a pair we can make alot more off of him with a turn donk. When it's 3-way the relative positional advantage with the trapped donk is just the icing on the cake.

Sailboats 02-15-2007 09:10 PM

I guess i would lead the turn since he would expect a c/r with the J. Hopefully he raises so you can 3 bet. It must be nice to make quads!

James. 02-15-2007 09:31 PM

betting the turn is the play since you "obviously" wouldn't bet quads.