Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   The Well: TheRempel (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=266522)

TheRempel 11-23-2006 03:10 AM

The Well: TheRempel

If RoundTower can do it I can too.

Ask away..

Tregan 11-23-2006 03:19 AM

Re: The Well: TheRempel

I just finished his thread and I am very excited.

~PLO noob

EYEWHITES 11-23-2006 04:10 AM

what is your fav season of the wire?
the most you won/lost in one day?

how many hands do you play on avg a month?

ipp147 11-23-2006 04:35 AM

Are you and Beset actually the same person?

If you could have known one thing you know now before you began playing omaha what would it be?

Why don't more sites spread 6m PLO?

AAJT rainbow or AA84 double suited?

Rolf Slotboom, Big Dave D, BluffThis and Durrr, fight to the death, who wins (no weapons allowed)?

TheRempel 11-23-2006 04:37 AM

what is your fav season of the wire?

Season 4 definitely. Takes the show to a whole new level. If 5 is any better my head will explode.

the most you won/lost in one day?

Most won was like $15,000. Pretty good considering my BR was about 8K previous to that.

Most lost was $25K. Played a raw raw hand at 50/100 PLO on UB and went on serious tilt.

how many hands do you play on avg a month?

In total, about 120k-140k. The last few months I haven't really played PLO at all, but I've started again and am running sicker than Jesus. I tend to played long sessions so it's not that uncommon for me to play 10k hands in a day. Currently the total is about 20% PLO and 80% NL, since 6max averages about 100 hands an hour whereas full ring plo is more like 40.

TheRempel 11-23-2006 04:44 AM

Are you and Beset actually the same person?

No but he wants to have my babies.

If you could have known one thing you know now before you began playing omaha what would it be?

Playing poker for a living is 1000 times better than working even when you run worse than you would have thought possible.

Why don't more sites spread 6m PLO?

Because they believe, whether true or not, that fish will go broke faster and not contribute as much rake.

AAJT rainbow or AA84 double suited?

AA84 double suited. Fewer straights but you will make far more when you flop trips with your sidecards with the second hand than you will with the first. Plus nut flushes rawk.

Rolf Slotboom, Big Dave D, BluffThis and Durrr, fight to the death, who wins (no weapons allowed)?

Durr. He's young and wiry and [censored], and the rest are either:

a) Old.
b) Fat
c) Long haired Europeans.

CallYNotRaise06 11-23-2006 05:33 AM

was there somethign about plo that you learned that really made everything click?

what are some things about plo that most ppl dont know, or that arent written in the books?

top 2 plo players in the world

scorer 11-23-2006 06:29 AM

Therempel, have you read the slotboom book on omaha as well as any other books/have they helped you. Do you think the omaha games are easier then holdem to win at. What sites do u mostly play at. Thanks

TheRempel 11-23-2006 07:22 AM

was there somethign about plo that you learned that really made everything click?

There was a hand I played on stars pretty early in my PLO days where everything started to click.

I was in LP with something like J99Tss, having limped in a 5-6 handed pot and called a raise from the BB.

The flop came J85 rainbow, everybody checked to me, and I decided to semibluff. Only the SB called. The pot would have been about $60 after his call at $100 PLO and he had about $75 behind.
The turn came a brick, something like a 2 completing the rainbow. He checked again, and since I knew him to be pretty loose with his flop calls, I potted again. He raised his last $15, I called, the river was a king or something, and my hand held up against his 79Tx.

Initially I felt very fortunate to have won the hand. Then I plugged the hands into two dimes and saw that I was something like a 65/35 favorite on the flop (including splits). I went back and looked over other similar hands and noticed a trend and a switch went on in my head. Blockers can
have make a huge difference in regards to EV and having even the biggest wrap with no pair can be a really crappy hand even when your opponent thinks he is bluffing. This drove me to look even closer at preflop matchups and led to some of the pretty wild preflop calls I've posted on the forum.

what are some things about plo that most ppl dont know, or that arent written in the books?

People have this oddball idea that your cards matter more in PLO than they do in NL, whereas against 95% of people playing omaha online it is much more a matter of handreading. When I play NL I usually have to have a pretty solid hand past the flop because once most of my opponents put money in with TP or whatever they are not folding. When I play PLO I can have any number of huge hands and the same opponents that are willing to back their stack with TPGK in NL suddenly find themselves folding sets straights and flushes to me in PLO because they are unable to change gears often or well enough to effectively combat my bluffs. If you are foolish enough to only lead out into a pfr with a strong draw and to check/raise with a set, then I can play perfectly against you.

top 2 plo players in the world

This is pretty restrictive and honestly I have no idea. Benyamine is certainly a candidate. I don't really fear anyone heads up assuming a high enough bankroll to withstand the swings of HU PLO. This is most likely overconfidence on my part however.

TheRempel 11-23-2006 07:29 AM

have you read the slotboom book on omaha

I have read bits and pieces of it but with my massive media addiction (I have 500 DVD's, three game systems, etc) I tend to pick things up and put them down again quickly. I will save any kind of critique for when I have read the entire thing.

as well as any other books/have they helped you
How Good is your Pot Limit Omaha? is a great book for players looking to loosen up and who are playing at least the $200 level and higher. The books by and co-authored by Ciaffone suggest a much tighter more straightforward approach that I feel works better at lower limits.

Do you think the omaha games are easier then holdem to win at.
Well currently I usually play 4-5 tables of 6 max NL on party and 1-2 tables of PLO, mostly because party has gone back to restricting players to 6 tables. Typically about 60% of my daily earnings are from PLO so that tells you that either PLO is easier to win at or I am a [censored] NL player. Both are probably true.[/b]

What sites do u mostly play at.

Almost 100% Party, mostly because the games are supergood since the US player ban and also for a reason that starts with R that I cannot say on this site. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

pirer 11-23-2006 08:25 AM

Here I come again! lol

Why do you hate RoundTower?

Let`s suppose RoundTower wins the hand you posted in the other thread, would that make a difference? I`mean... you would be the one having cashed in the WSOP ME?

I'm rebuilding my bankroll in pokerstars playing omaha. Should y do it playing PLO or PLO H/L? I think there are plenty of bad players in both, but H/L is full of them in lowlimits.

In your opinion, what is the strongest aspect of your play? What gives you the the biggest edge over your opponents?

Could you expand on how you read hands?

Have you written something in your blog since last time I check?

What do you think of omaha tournaments?

Thanks TheRempel, this threads are great.

pirer 11-23-2006 08:26 AM

We are all expecting gergery`s questions.

wazz 11-23-2006 08:56 AM

I'd like to know some details about your shot-taking, and am too lazy to read your blog. What is the largest % of your roll you will put down on a table? Will you ever break this rule if you see a live one? How often will you chase losses at big tables? If you do well at a table, and you get a large stack (say > 200 BBs) and there is someone else who is good that covers, will you take the money off if it's a good % of your roll? Do you consider yourself better or worse than Roundtower specifically at PLO, and why? Coffee or tea? What else do you do in your life other than omaha? What is your career PTBB/100? What are the biggest leaks in your game? Are you planning on doing this the rest of your life or are there other things that interest you more, if so what are they and why aren't you doing them now? How many times in the future do you estimate you will go busto? Do you read Kurt Vonnegut?

There, that should keep you busy.

TheRempel 11-23-2006 09:42 AM

Why do you hate RoundTower?

I don't. You are mistaking geneal ball breaking for something else.

Let`s suppose RoundTower wins the hand you posted in the other thread, would that make a difference? I`mean... you would be the one having cashed in the WSOP ME?

Huh? I am pretty unlikely ever to play in the ME because I don't have the patience for a tournament of that length. He's not gonna win that hand because he was drawing dead.

I'm rebuilding my bankroll in pokerstars playing omaha. Should y do it playing PLO or PLO H/L? I think there are plenty of bad players in both, but H/L is full of them in lowlimits.

I've played very little H/L, but from what I understand it's lower variance, so it may be your best choice.

In your opinion, what is the strongest aspect of your play? What gives you the the biggest edge over your opponents?

Probably my fearlessness. The money, regardless of the stakes, means absolutely nothing to me while I'm playing. My biggest edge probably comes from my knowledge base in terms of hand values and so on. I can call profitably a lot more than my opponents because I better understand the odds.

Could you expand on how you read hands?

The most important factor for me is my past history with that opponent all but the very best players playey most of their hands the same way consistently. This allows me to determine pretty quickly a fairly tight range of hands they could be holding. I then use that to roughly determine my equity against that small range, whether or not I have any fold equity if there are bets left, or whether I can call if my opponent is effectively all in.

Have you written something in your blog since last time I check?

I made a quick post a couple days ago but nothing since.

What do you think of omaha tournaments?

I think they are a lot of fun and I have had some minor success, but since I don't really play on PokerStars I don't get much of a chance to play in them. Personally I think non-rebuy PLO tourneys are completely retarded.

blopp 11-23-2006 09:49 AM

Is your party screen name a secret?

- B

TheRempel 11-23-2006 09:55 AM

I'd like to know some details about your shot-taking, and am too lazy to read your blog. What is the largest % of your roll you will put down on a table?

Ideally it should never be more than 20% but I am very good at breaking my own rules and have definitely played with 100% of my roll on the table at times.

Will you ever break this rule if you see a live one?

While I feel my edge is much larger in PLO against bad opponents than it is in HE, I am less likely to take a shot at the same level of PLO as NL due to the variance. Generally when shottaking I'm looking for a very aggro game where I can get in cheap (about 50bbs) and hopefully parlay that stack into a 2 or 3 BI win.

How often will you chase losses at big tables?
I try not to take shots when I'm losing, because generally when I'm losing it's not only due to variance. I will follow a really bad fish around to a level 2 or 3 times my normal BI though.

If you do well at a table, and you get a large stack (say > 200 BBs) and there is someone else who is good that covers, will you take the money off if it's a good % of your roll?

I don't rathole because I think it's unethical. If I make a quick score and leave the table I'm done for the night. It would have to be a very tough lineup for me to leave when there are still one or two uberfish in the game. I enjoy playing deepstacked and generally something is wrong when I've been at a table for few hours and don't have > 300BB's.

Do you consider yourself better or worse than Roundtower specifically at PLO, and why?

I really don't know. We've played less than 100 hands together. In terms of experience I have probably played quite a lot more hands than him, but that means little.

Coffee or tea?

Coffee, black, with lots of sugar. Lotttttts of sugar.

What else do you do in your life other than omaha?

Sadly not much these days.

What is your career PTBB/100?

That varies wildly from level to level. Unfortunately I decided to split up my PTO databases back in the summer based on month so I can't readily access that data. Currently I'm running at 76BB/100 in the Party $200 PLO game this month but obviously that's a small sample and I am running super hot. The game is so good however that I think I can easily maintain 15-20BB/100 with no problem.

What are the biggest leaks in your game?
Bluffing call stations.

Are you planning on doing this the rest of your life or are there other things that interest you more, if so what are they and why aren't you doing them now?

I've considered a lot of things. I would like to get into real estate at some point when I have enough liquid assets. I have also thought about culinary school. I love to cook.

How many times in the future do you estimate you will go busto?

Depends on your definition of busto. Given my tendencies I am sure my br will be close to 0 at some points but I am working on converting some of my poker income into other assets to fall back on during these times.

Do you read Kurt Vonnegut?

I have most of his books in hardback but haven't read any in a few years. He is definitely on of my top 5 writers.

TheRempel 11-23-2006 09:56 AM

Is your party screen name a secret?

Yeah I used to get so much heat from using TheRempel on stars that I make every attempt to keep my SN's on other sites secret. Also I don't feel comfortable telling people how I play when they can sit down with me whenever they feel like. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

CallYNotRaise06 11-23-2006 01:22 PM

"People have this oddball idea that your cards matter more in PLO than they do in NL,"

finally someone said it, why do ppl complain about preflop in omaha. if your have decent position it really doesnt matter.

pirer 11-23-2006 04:01 PM

What will/is your strategy for rebuilding after busting your bankroll? If you have a month from 50 to 1000? If you have 4 months?

holdme 11-23-2006 04:50 PM

What levels do you play? IDK if this has been asked.

cmyr 11-23-2006 05:43 PM

why do I suck at NL?

gergery 11-23-2006 07:37 PM

This seemed to work ok last time, so:

Who are the best opponents you play with at least semi-regularly (online)?

What specifically do your best opponents do that makes them good (be specific if you can ie. hand reading not as helpful as other answers)?

Do you ever tilt, and if so how do you combat it?

Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

What was your progression by stakes (ie. what stakes did you play for how long, what are normal stakes, etc)?

What do you guess your hourly earn rate is?

What is your VPIP and PFR overall? by position?

Do you like Gladiator movies?

do you play much shorthanded or heads up? if so, what adjustments do you personally make when playing SH/HU?

You have a strange friend who is playing online PLO. He calls you and says, "I'm about to run out of time on this hand, I have two pair but my opponent put me allin. Should i call, yes or no?" He really wants to hear either yes or no, what do you say? (this gets at value of twopair, work with me here)

You mentioned knowing the odds as being important -- what are the top 5 common odds matchups should every good PLO player be aware of?

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

How cool is it that high stakes NL players are wandering over to PLO to learn the game at higher stakes?

What are the most common mistakes decent NL players make coming to PLO? what hands/situations do they overvalue/undervalue?

what are the 3-5 pieces of advice you would give someone for midstakes play on how specifically to play against Aces?

what are the 3-5 pieces of advice you would give someone for midstakes play on how specifically to play when holding Aces?

-g

Big Dave D 11-23-2006 08:41 PM

Because I am all three I like my chances. I suspect Durr is just another D&D mo'focker geek and he would soon be my prag.

gl

dd

beset 11-23-2006 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because I am all three I like my chances. I suspect Durr is just another D&D mo'focker geek and he would soon be my prag.

gl

dd

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

pirer 11-24-2006 12:35 AM

I would like to hear the answer to my question and the other one`s, come on TheRempel! Finish this well so I can add it to favorites.

Thanks, pirer

TheRempel 11-24-2006 01:02 AM

What levels do you play? IDK if this has been asked.

Currently $200 PLO and $200 6max NL but in the past few weeks I have taken shots as high as $2000 PLO.

TheRempel 11-24-2006 01:10 AM

What will/is your strategy for rebuilding after busting your bankroll? If you have a month from 50 to 1000? If you have 4 months?

Anytime I cause serious harm to my bankroll I try to take a few days off then proceed to find the lowest level I am comfortable playing annd play hands en masse until everything is fixed.

Here's my standard BR management plan (that I rarely follow because I am retarded):

Let's assume you're starting with $500 that is money you don't depend on,

Play 4-6 tables of $25 PLO until you reach $1250. This would take 15,000 hands winning 10BB/100 at $25 PLO. We are assuming a standard bankroll to play at a given level here is 40 BI.

Once you hit $1250, start playing 5 $25 tabels and 1 $50 table. Every time your BR increases by $250, switch out on of your $25's for a $50. Everytime your BR decreases by $250 you should be closing a higher table for a lower one.

When you hit $2000, start playing all $50's. Once you win 10 BI, add in one $100 table, and so on, so that you are continuously moving up in levels until your have a comfortable 40 BI level for the level of your choosing.

TheRempel 11-24-2006 01:11 AM

why do I suck at NL?

Because you are a P.O.W.

And you live in Quebec.

TheRempel 11-24-2006 02:13 AM

Who are the best opponents you play with at least semi-regularly (online)?

I just started playing PLO again on party after an absence of several months so unfortunately I can't really give you an answer right now. Over the very small sample of 1000 hands I have played in that game this month there hasn't been anybody that really stood out.

What specifically do your best opponents do that makes them good (be specific if you can ie. hand reading not as helpful as other answers)?

Generally the opponents I have the most trouble with are more aggro than me, which is really pretty aggressive. If I am out of position against someone who plays as or more aggro than me then I am usually in a bad spot and I will try to switch sits or leave the game entirely. A solid opponent that can mix up their play is a nightmare to sit with OOP.

Do you ever tilt, and if so how do you combat it?

Sure. Like I said previously, I lost an 18K pot at 50/100 on UB back in May when I had my opponent drawing as close to dead as you can get while still being live and proceeded to blow my entire roll.

My main problem is that I don't like being stuck. I will generally keep playing until I am mentally exhausted if I'm stuck. Since I had that blowout back in May I've read Barry Greenstein's book. His suggesting about losing is to a) certainly try to win some of your money back but to be happy turning a big loss into a small one and b) quit when you are losing.

I also have an AHK script on my computer that closes all poker related software when I hit F12 immediately, as well as another that prevents me from playing above a given level.

Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

No I haven't even been in a Turkish restaurant.

What was your progression by stakes (ie. what stakes did you play for how long, what are normal stakes, etc)?

The very first time I played PLO would have been December 2004/January 2005. I was losing horribly at NL (mostly bc I was a fish), saw a $50 table with an open seat on stars, sat down and proceeded to win 6 or 7 buy-ins that session.

I continued to play $50 and $100 for a few months, hit my first big downswing in February, and found myself back at $25. I built my roll back up and by March 05 was taking regular shots at $400. I hit a big downswing again and was basically busto after cashing out a big chunk of my BR to pay off debt. I lost my internet connection for like 3 weeks after my provider decided to charge me $500 for 'excessive uploads' and had to wait to switch to a more reasonable company.

On April 7th, I deposited $1000 and proceeded to run it up to just over 15K in a week. I continued playing $200 PLO on party, with occasionaly shots at $400 and $1000 on UB and ended up booking a $40K profit that month. By the beginning of May I had paid off my entire $22K in University debt and had a 30K BR. I continued playing $200 and $400 as my normal levels and was winning $2500-$3000 a day playing for maybe 2-3 hours. At this point I quit my crappy job and have been playing poker ever since.

What do you guess your hourly earn rate is?

Right now, with the mix of PLO and NL I am playing it's about $180 an hour.

What is your VPIP and PFR overall? by position?

Again since I only just came back from a long break from PLO, my sample size is very small, but here it is:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6...tsbyposdw2.jpg

Do you like Gladiator movies?

Only when they are of the brutal violence variety and not the oiled Kirk Douglas ones.

do you play much shorthanded or heads up? if so, what adjustments do you personally make when playing SH/HU?

I prefer to play short and love to play HU. Typically when I play 2-3 handed I raise pretty close to 100% of the time OTB, 100% when it's folded to me in the SB, and I probably reraise in the SB or BB about 30%. If my opponents are pushing thin I generally scale back and try to change gears as often as possible.

You have a strange friend who is playing online PLO. He calls you and says, "I'm about to run out of time on this hand, I have two pair but my opponent put me allin. Should i call, yes or no?" He really wants to hear either yes or no, what do you say? (this gets at value of twopair, work with me here)

I tell him to call and while he is celebating his victory / crying about his loss I find his girlfriend/sister/mom and SIIHP.

You mentioned knowing the odds as being important -- what are the top 5 common odds matchups should every good PLO player be aware of?

1. Top set vs bottom/middle set with live draws.
2. Flopped boat vs one or two people drawing live to their sidecards.
3. Any live four card trash hand against 3-4 people all in preflop.
4. Two players with similar wraps against one with even a very weak made hand.
5. The most important thing you can do is sit down and study how much having even backdoor draws improves your EV.

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

I just saw Borat in the theatre, so yeah.

How cool is it that high stakes NL players are wandering over to PLO to learn the game at higher stakes?

It's great. New blood fuels the game and these guys can afford to make some costly mistakes while they are learning.

What are the most common mistakes decent NL players make coming to PLO? what hands/situations do they overvalue/undervalue?

I see far far too many former NL players peeling the flop in HU shorthanded situations with really poor draws to the 4th nut straight and with bottom pair. They end up putting in a lot of money making 'heroic' calldowns when there is 0% chance they are winning the hand.

what are the 3-5 pieces of advice you would give someone for midstakes play on how specifically to play against Aces?

1. Checkraising two pair against a large field on a even remotely drawy board is a huge leak

2. Not getting enough value out of strong made hands in loose passive games (ie checkraising is not always the best move).

3. Not calling/raising the flop enough in shorthanded situations when there is still lots of money left behind and you have fold equity is also a leak.

what are the 3-5 pieces of advice you would give someone for midstakes play on how specifically to play when holding Aces?

1. Don't cbet flops that are moderately good for you when it is likely you will be checkraised if your opponent has a hand (ie AAhxhx on a 67h8h board against a larger field).

2. Bloating the pot against a large field with relatively weak aces for a small percentage of your stack is a leak.

3. I can't think any more at the moment. I need to get something to eat.

Seeya

-g

glass_onion 11-24-2006 01:41 PM

What i liked about your limited stats is how much you value position, and how much you understand preflop equity. Still, whenever i see someone going into 80%+ of hands within 4 positions of button I have to wonder what you plan is when you are flopping 1 pair + inside st8, crap flush draw overpair, etc?

What about this. YOu are at 150bb and raise AsAkJs on the button, 3 callers. 1 is short stacked and $3 from all in. You are in position.
Flop 46T rainbow
unknown utg+3 bets pot (as first to act). He covers. Opponent calls his last $4, fold, fold. Pot is app 30bb, you both have over 100 bb left. U??

Same action, but you hold A35T. I only ask since you are playing almost every hand near button.

TheRempel 11-24-2006 04:32 PM

Well you have to remember that I am taking the lead in most of these hands and am dictating the flow postflop. I'm also not making full pot PFR's most of the time. Generally in an unopened pot it's 3BB with a few extra thrown in for limpers. Basically my goal is to make the pot big enough that I can force out medium strength hands on the flop/turn if necessary without making it so large that everyone is automatically playing for stacks on the flop.

As for the hand question, people do not lead generally with sets. Maybe 10% of the people I have ever played with do, so his hand is almost always something that is trying to lead the action like a medium draw. With no other info I probably raise the flop. If he led with a set I make a note and move on to the next hand.

In the second case I like that hand a lot more. Generally if I was led into after I raised preflop by a standard player I would raise 100% because I figure to be ahead of all draws and flipping with 2pr.

LeadingMan 11-24-2006 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"People have this oddball idea that your cards matter more in PLO than they do in NL,"

finally someone said it, why do ppl complain about preflop in omaha. if your have decent position it really doesnt matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me what stakes this becomes true. I don't disagree, but at .10/.25 - .25/.50 whenever i put money in thinking my opponent is marginal and "Can't call" i get called and its usually a coin toss at best. I feel totally lost because while i usually think my opponent made a bad call, I also feel like such a fish becuase i commit so much money when i'm coin toss at best and usually dominated when i do get a call. In fact, i've named this SAG play (Stupid-Aggressive) because it is BY FAR my biggest leak.

Thanks.

TheRempel 11-24-2006 05:13 PM

Not that anyone asked but here's a few hands from today:

Party Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
7 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $258.80
UTG+1: $311.08
MP1: $583.75
CO: $89.91
Button: $182
Hero: $200
BB: $326.51

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
5 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $18</font>, Hero calls $12 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $21)</font>.

Pretty standard preflop. No real reads on BB at this point but it's pretty clear he has AA.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($36, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $34.2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $136.8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $239.4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $45.2</font>.

Standard play by me, pretty awful push by him since he is probably about 30% against my range

Uncalled bets: $57.4 returned to BB.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($400, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $400)

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($400, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $400)

Whiffffff
Results:
Final pot: $400
<font color="#ffffff">BB shows As Qh Ac 7h </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero doesn't show Jc Kd Ad Ts </font>

Party Poker
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $509.89
UTG+1: $65
MP1: $23.63
Hero: $827.11
MP3: $32.40
CO: $74.28
Button: $224.86
SB: $306.41
BB: $126.62

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, 5 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($15, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $16.15</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($47.3, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $28</font>, UTG calls.

Villian is a massive call station who thought forever when he called the turn so I knew he had the straight or possibly a set.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($103.3, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $50</font>, UTG calls.

Results:
Final pot: $203.3
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows 4d 6c 3d 5d </font>
<font color="#ffffff">UTG doesn't show As 9h Tc 8h </font>

Party Poker
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $307.08
UTG+1: $601
MP1: $79.91
MP2: $38
MP3: $188.45
Hero: $196
Button: $481.91
SB: $292.35
BB: $122

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
4 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $23</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls $17 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $77)</font>.

Button is the same guy who was in the BB in hand 1 so I am eager to play a lot of pots with him.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($94, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $91</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $173</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

100% this player is not leading with a straight with a flush redraw. since the button is auto potting that flop 100% when it's checked to him. He's got a bare JT or a set most of the time here so my push is for value.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($440, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $440)

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($440, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $440)

Results:
Final pot: $440
<font color="#ffffff">SB shows Ac 7d Th Jh </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows Qc Qs 6h Ts </font>

Party Poker
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $449.33
UTG+1: $60.22
Hero: $604.81
MP2: $49.87
CO: $165.47
Button: $209.10
SB: $188.94
BB: $360.04

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, 3 folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

UTG+1 is a very loose and aggro fish, but he still falls into the old 'lead out with decent draws, checkraise with strong made hands' in raised pots betting pattern.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($20, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $19</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $19 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $39)</font>.

This bet is never a made hand, as I said before. He is smart enough to realise the strength of having a pair with his draw, so he never has a pair (from the board) here either. The best hand he has is KKTx, but I think he would c/r with that for value so I'm 100% sure my hand is good on the flop. I didn't raise because I know pretty much exactly what he has and he will continue to bet. Raising just creates uneccesary variance.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($58, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $55.1</font>, Hero calls $55.1 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $113.1)</font>.

I improved my hand, not that it matters. You could argue for a raise on the turn but I basically just wanted to [censored] with him a little bit.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($168.2, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $108.84</font>, Hero calls $108.84 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $277.04)</font>.

Results:
Final pot: $385.88
<font color="#ffffff">SB shows Tc 9d 7c Kc </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows Ah 6h As 7d </font>

Gelford 11-24-2006 05:59 PM

Nobody leads their sets ???

Why is that ? (Aggro higher Stakes games where you can always expect a checkraise or are they waiting for a brick hitting turn before firing at all cannons ?? )

TedKgb 11-24-2006 07:20 PM

Do you ever play on Pokerstars?

If so, have you ever played against me? (tedkgb34)

What is the best piece of advice you can give me because I am making the transition from NL HE to PLO and I can see myself making a lot of money, I just need to get over the hump you could say.

Is that you in your picture? (You must be a beast)

wazz 11-24-2006 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahahaha

TheRempel 11-25-2006 01:10 AM

[Nobody leads their sets ???

PLO seems to cause people who aren't really working very hard at their game to fall into bad habits. Always checkraising strong made hands against the PFR is the norm and very few people I play against don't do it as their standard play.

TheRempel 11-25-2006 01:13 AM

Do you ever play on Pokerstars?
Not in the last six months no.

If so, have you ever played against me? (tedkgb34)
Probably not.

What is the best piece of advice you can give me because I am making the transition from NL HE to PLO and I can see myself making a lot of money, I just need to get over the hump you could say.

Don't be concerned with making a lot of money. PLO is very streaky and your confidence will be crushed if that's all you think about.

No. I am only a Samurai in those dreams I have where Beset is a geisha who lives only to wash my feet.

Big Dave D 11-25-2006 06:12 AM

Hands 1 and 3 are ugly. The last hand I'm not so sure. Certainly at 2-4 and above the maxim "bet isn't a made hand" isnt true.

gl

dd

PartyGirlUK 11-25-2006 07:07 AM

Pls post the 18k pot.