Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Degen/WallyBalls/blueman (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552535)

nation 11-26-2007 03:17 AM

Re: Degen/WallyBalls/blueman

um..

mclgaucho: i'm bbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
psuprabs03: lol
mclgaucho: just talked to mat on the phone
mclgaucho: once vbulletin launches
mclgaucho: degen is back

NT! 11-26-2007 03:20 AM

expert play by mat when we roll back to UBB after three days imo

nation 11-26-2007 03:20 AM

lolll

tuq 11-26-2007 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say hi to everyone here in the mod forum on my new account!

-Bill

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL

Mat Sklansky 11-26-2007 03:25 AM

The fact that he keeps communicating with you tells me that he doesn't have immediate access to the mod forum.

I did talk to him. It's funny how nice he is on the phone. It seems that all he really wants is to be able to participate here, so I made him a deal. I told him to remove his 2+2 sites and stay off the forums until vbulletin launches. I agreed to allow him 3 days as degen 2 or whatever. I told him that if he behaved perfectly those days AND the mods agreed that he deserved the chance, he could continue.

This is what I told him. I can be convinced that this is the wrong move, but our attorney bills are inspiring us to be more lenient in matters like this. I don't see this as being vastly different than Dan Bright, his antics, and subsequent forgiveness. Not to say that degen is as valuable as dan. I just don't think at his core he means any harm.

NT! 11-26-2007 03:27 AM

well since you said the mods have to agree, and there is no way the mods will agree, i guess it's fine.

tuq 11-26-2007 03:35 AM

I am WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY unqualified to comment on this Degen stuff but that of course won't stop me.

It seems that if it is done off the (2+2) record then it's probably the best play. I guess the mods hate him, I realize he's become a bit of a terrorist, but he's an outlier who seems like he wants his original account back badly enough that he would behave if given the chance. This is a guy who has both PMed me and e-mailed me multiple times about it, and I seriously doubt I'm not alone. Maybe give it a whirl despite the objections of the mods, and you can always and easily pull the plug if it doesn't work out?

tuq 11-26-2007 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY unqualified to comment on this Degen stuff but that of course won't stop me.

It seems that if it is done off the (2+2) record then it's probably the best play. I guess the mods hate him, I realize he's become a bit of a terrorist, but he's an outlier who seems like he wants his original account back badly enough that he would behave if given the chance. This is a guy who has both PMed me and e-mailed me multiple times about it, and I seriously doubt I'm not alone. Maybe give it a whirl despite the objections of the mods, and you can always and easily pull the plug if it doesn't work out?

[/ QUOTE ]
STFU, you weren't there, you don't know, etc.

Mat Sklansky 11-26-2007 03:39 AM

Hey I'm the nuts, yo!

NT! 11-26-2007 03:45 AM

in all seriousness, in one of the degen threads, a number of mods (myself included) said they would want no part of 2p2 moderation if degen was unbanned... i still feel that way, which may be an added bonus depending on how you look at it