Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514194)

GaryTheGoat 10-10-2007 11:48 PM

Re: RE: Josh

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You don't really think you can sue somebody for screwing you in an illegal activity do you?

"But your honor, I had 100K worth of crack that he stole."

[/ QUOTE ]
Online poker isn't illegal

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but funding an account in the United States is. The court isn't going to order PS to fund a U.S. citizens account. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

POKERSTARS WOULD NEVER SHOW UP IN ANY US COURT FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS, EVER, DUMB CONVERSATION.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they don't show up can't you obtain a default judgment against them? Kinda like Bodog lost their website and had to move to newbodog.com or pay a default judgment?

gg

shaniac 10-10-2007 11:55 PM

We're getting sidetracked by the legal fantasies and righteous outrage, but I agree it would be nice if Stars told us something about what was going on.

GaryTheGoat 10-11-2007 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We're getting sidetracked by the legal fantasies and righteous outrage, but I agree it would be nice if Stars told us something about what was going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we can see nitbuster's cards on the replay. Is that something?

Here's a thread about it:
Stars WCOOP main replay, why only 1 player's holecards?

gg

GiantWalleye 10-11-2007 12:01 AM

cliff notes please.

I can only read a thread this long if its about Brandi.

cardsfan04 10-11-2007 12:08 AM

PS emailed me this. I guess their investigation is over. Sorry if this is nothing new.

Hello Edward,

Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

We appreciate your concerns and as you are already aware, PokerStars
treats matter that compromise the integrity of the game very seriously.
We
have conducted an investigation into the appropriate players and as you

will see in the client today, the winner has been officially been
declared. We are not at liberty to disclose any details, suffice to say

that all matters were investigated thoroughly.

Thanks again for your interest in our game security and thanks for
choosing PokerStars.

Regards,

Howard
PokerStars Support Team

Also, as for a default judgement, I'm not sure how that works, but there would be no way to enforce it. It would have to be taken up in an international court like the ICOJ, but only countries can make claims there and the US wouldn't find this a worthy cause to represent somebody.

GaryTheGoat 10-11-2007 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PS emailed me this. I guess their investigation is over. Sorry if this is nothing new.

Hello Edward,

We

choosing PokerStars.

Regards,

Howard
PokerStars Support Team

Also, as for a default judgement, I'm not sure how that works, but there would be no way to enforce it. It would have to be taken up in an international court like the ICOJ, but only countries can make claims there and the US wouldn't find this a worthy cause to represent somebody.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. Was the email dated today?

I agree that collection of any judgment would be a hudge problem.

gg

apefish 10-11-2007 01:38 AM

Meh. I decided a big who cares. Post deleted.

highhustla 10-11-2007 01:53 AM

"play2kill" was playing 50/100 on FT tonight. Dunno if that's the same person. Seems pretty clear from the last Stars e-mail that the results stand though.

RichardHurtz 10-11-2007 02:17 AM

suffice to say

apefish 10-11-2007 02:31 AM

Whether it gets swept to the side or not, I sense that eventually accurate details about it will surface (if they haven't already).

Stars may feel impotent because the situation is honestly pretty [censored] for them, but every time something like this comes up and they decide "we're basically impotent" guess what... we start to believe that; that they are simply running a business, and are no better overall at leading the way in keeping cheaters off their site.

Fantastic support staff, software, traffic, and other factors aside, it doesn't matter what site [censored] like this happens on if it continues to happen.

RioGossiper 10-11-2007 03:10 AM

This whole situation is fairly disturbing. I can assure you from what I have heard that he was indeed guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, however stars must have realized this had the ability to blow up badly if they did the right thing and disqualified his sister.

The progressively more cryptic support emails are certainly telling. When I have had a collusion inquiry in the past it was detailed the reasons why the players were, or were not colluding. They have been very good about that.

I think their silence in this situation says more than any PR spin they could come up with. We basically know all of the facts. It is intereresting to see how they will utilize The V0id in marketing in the future.

HedonismBot 10-11-2007 03:43 AM

Good to know, next year I will be 5 accounting every event along with who knows how many other people, can't wait, good work stars

mbpoker 10-11-2007 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We have conducted an investigation into the appropriate players and as you will see in the client today, the winner has been officially been declared.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that if the investigation is over that Stars would communicate it by a cryptic email like that and not by a post from the security manager. What was the date of this email?

fatshaft 10-11-2007 04:00 AM

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7...ons/popcrn.gif

Ro-me-ro 10-11-2007 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hello Edward,

We

choosing PokerStars.

Regards,

Howard
PokerStars Support Team

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello all,

This post has been brought to my attention.

Unfortunately the above email from Howard is incorrect; Our senior game security staff and management are still reviewing this case and no final decision has yet been reached.

Once the investigation is complete, we will post an official statement.

We apologize for any confusion caused.

Ellis
PokerStars Support Supervisor

TheTruthSpeaks 10-11-2007 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hello Edward,

We

choosing PokerStars.

Regards,

Howard
PokerStars Support Team

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello all,

This post has been brought to my attention.

Unfortunately the above email from Howard is incorrect; Our senior game security staff and management are still reviewing this case and no final decision has yet been reached.

Once the investigation is complete, we will post an official statement.

We apologize for any confusion caused.

Ellis
PokerStars Support Supervisor

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, Get your [censored] act together jokerstars.

CCx 10-11-2007 07:11 AM

Looks like final decision has been reached... ?

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/9...ure0001cf3.jpg

mbpoker 10-11-2007 07:17 AM

That was in the lobby for last 10 days.

fatshaft 10-11-2007 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Try reading two posts above you.

apefish 10-11-2007 07:18 AM

That has been up for a while- since shortly after the event actually.

More emails that may or may not clarify things and may or may not be official stances please.

Todd Terry 10-11-2007 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most jurisdictions in the United States give you a tremendous amount of tools to enforce judgments. PokerStars takes hundreds of millions of dollars out of this country, and pumps tens of millions of dollars into this country in the form of advertising and endorsements. Basically, all you have to do is identify some of the money coming in or out, and you can issue subpoenas (such as to the members of Team PokerStars and the publications in which Stars runs ads) and restraining notices in order to find it and seize it. I don't think it would be difficult.

augie_ 10-11-2007 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most jurisdictions in the United States give you a tremendous amount of tools to enforce judgments. PokerStars takes hundreds of millions of dollars out of this country, and pumps tens of millions of dollars into this country in the form of advertising and endorsements. Basically, all you have to do is identify some of the money coming in or out, and you can issue subpoenas (such as to the members of Team PokerStars and the publications in which Stars runs ads) and restraining notices in order to find it and seize it. I don't think it would be difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

just stop dude. nobody is going to sue pokerstars.

boohaa12 10-11-2007 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just stop dude. nobody is going to sue pokerstars.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree.

momo_the_kid 10-11-2007 12:02 PM

Stars, do the right thing!
Otherwise, WCOOP will become a joke.

highhustla 10-11-2007 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
suffice to say that all matters were investigated thoroughly.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

How bout you teach your front line guys to stop blowing their support loads when it regards important issues?

Thanks for the update, though.

grdred944 10-11-2007 12:30 PM

Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Chill Stuey. It is a gossip forum. Whether this, or any other source is legitimate is of less concern than the attitude you bring which limits what any legitimate poster might disclose.

2+2 can often take a condecending tone, and most people 'in-the-know' would rather not be bothered with such a vitriolic attitude. I guess when you have a sport where everyone naturally assumes they are the best player this is logical behaviour.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no beef with you Rio. You have always delivered good stuff and have been a plus to this forum.

I NEVER questioned whether the info that guy was putting out was valid. He just felt it necessary to use one of his first three posts to rip into another poster and I felt like using one of my 1400 posts to comment on his need to focus on his cred and not going after another poster because they questioned his bona fides.

[/ QUOTE ]

i only have about 350 posts? am i allowd to respond with my opinion and insults yet or do i need more? having more, or less, posts doesnt make your rip more justified son.

[/ QUOTE ]

Son. LOL

Shooz 10-11-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have no beef with you Rio. You have always delivered good stuff and have been a plus to this forum.

I NEVER questioned whether the info that guy was putting out was valid. He just felt it necessary to use one of his first three posts to rip into another poster and I felt like using one of my 1400 posts to comment on his need to focus on his cred and not going after another poster because they questioned his bona fides.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I felt it necessary to comment on their post of ''so it wasn't the same IP, therefore must be completely innocent'' which is a totally naive statement, why do you feel the need to defend them? They weren't attacking my ''bona fides'' I was only lurking at that stage and saw a couple of retarded posts and unfortunately I can't tolerate idiots...

cardsfan04 10-11-2007 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We have conducted an investigation into the appropriate players and as you will see in the client today, the winner has been officially been declared.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that if the investigation is over that Stars would communicate it by a cryptic email like that and not by a post from the security manager. What was the date of this email?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the email last night. If anybody wants me to forward it to them, PM me your email address.

CCx 10-11-2007 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tutorial on "how to read an internet messageboard" - I was responding to the "two posts above me" where Stars security was quoted as saying an official decision hadn't been reached. How much do I owe you for the lesson?

NHFunkii 10-11-2007 06:16 PM

well given that the email from support stating the decision was made used the screenshot you posted as evidence, and then someone from the management team responded to a requestion regarding that email saying it wasn't complete, it's not a stretch to say that the image you posted is completely irrelevant.

mbpoker 10-11-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I felt it necessary to comment on their post of ''so it wasn't the same IP, therefore must be completely innocent'' which is a totally naive statement,

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you see their post said this? There were many posts talking about playing from the same IP and Stars posted that it wasn't the case and that it wasn't the same computer either. They never said it must be innocent.

What's clear, because the investigation still continues, is that the case is not trivial to conclude one way or another.

Shooz 10-11-2007 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes I felt it necessary to comment on their post of ''so it wasn't the same IP, therefore must be completely innocent'' which is a totally naive statement,

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you see their post said this? There were many posts talking about playing from the same IP and Stars posted that it wasn't the case and that it wasn't the same computer either. They never said it must be innocent.

What's clear, because the investigation still continues, is that the case is not trivial to conclude one way or another.

[/ QUOTE ]
totally out of context, I was repsonding to the person who wasn't happy with me calling another poster naive for assuming if IP's didn't match then investigation was over.

DOH!_28 10-11-2007 06:44 PM

so i guess no decision yet huh?

CCx 10-11-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well given that the email from support stating the decision was made used the screenshot you posted as evidence, and then someone from the management team responded to a requestion regarding that email saying it wasn't complete, it's not a stretch to say that the image you posted is completely irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i was shooting for: completely irrelevant

i just want to be noticed

fatshaft 10-12-2007 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the tutorial on "how to read an internet messageboard" - I was responding to the "two posts above me" where Stars security was quoted as saying an official decision hadn't been reached. How much do I owe you for the lesson?

[/ QUOTE ]It was free, but thanks for the offer. Oh, and you're welcome [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And this maybe explains more clearly what I was telling you?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kurn, son of Mogh 10-12-2007 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You don't really think you can sue somebody for screwing you in an illegal activity do you?

"But your honor, I had 100K worth of crack that he stole."

[/ QUOTE ]
Online poker isn't illegal

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but funding an account in the United States is. The court isn't going to order PS to fund a U.S. citizens account. DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]
This also is not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I misunderstand the law then, I don't know. Why did Firepay, Neteller, et al all stop funding online poker sites from the US if it's not illegal though?

[/ QUOTE ]

The NETeller execs were indicted for funding sports books which is a violation of the Wire Act. The UIGEA restricts bank transfers INTO online gaming sites in States that have existing laws prohibiting online gaming.

There currently exists no federal or state law that prohibits US citizens from having money transferred to them from online gaming sites.

momo_the_kid 10-12-2007 06:30 PM

latest e-mail from stars:

Hello XXXX,

Thank you for your email.

At the present time, our investigation is still ongoing; as I'm sure you
can imagine, with the amount of money involved, we are going to exhaust
every possible method of investigation to determine the truth of what
occurred before taking action.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Jacob
PokerStars Support Manager

Todd Terry 10-12-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hello XXXX,

Regards,

Jacob

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully this included immediately deposing TheVoid and her brother under oath about her poker experience and every hand played during the tournament, and polygraphs for both of them.

davmcg 10-12-2007 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hello XXXX,

Regards,

Jacob

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully this included immediately deposing TheVoid and her brother under oath about her poker experience and every hand played during the tournament, and polygraphs for both of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Err in the free world you don't have to prove your innocence.

Does anyone know where the free world is?

apefish 10-12-2007 09:45 PM

The thing about online poker is it has little to do with the free world.

Send in the Spanish Inquisition I say.