Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   3 PCA hands vs Dustin Dirksen (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=299714)

Exitonly 01-06-2007 01:33 AM

3 PCA hands vs Dustin Dirksen

Dustin Dirken (JohnSmiley1 on stars) was 3 to my left at my starting table, and he was splashing around alot, and is pretty notoriously laggy, but a thinking player.

All at 50/100, effective stacks 20k.

I open 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] to 350 in LP, DD calls in the SB.

Flop($800): 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Check - Check

Turn($800): K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check - Check

River($800): Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check - Check.

---

I open K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to 325 in MP DD calls in CO

Flop($800): 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet $500, he makes it $1800 and I fold [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

---

I open K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] to 325 in MP, DD calls on the button.

Flop($800): 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet $500, he calls.

Turn($1800): Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, he checks behind.

River($1800): J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet 1k and he calls.

---

Where should I have done better?

MLG 01-06-2007 01:37 AM

Re: 3 PCA hands vs Dustin Dirksen

hand 2.
that would be fine if you felt comfortable folding v his range but obv you dont. I think mixing in a check on that flop is fine against a player like dustin.

other two hands seem A ok to me.

Colombo 01-06-2007 01:42 AM

I don't mind hand #2. I would like a bigger stack if I were to continue here. Other 2 look fine.

Jiggymike 01-06-2007 02:21 AM

I don't see why you shouldn't bet in hand 1 on flop. Board isn't scary (yet) you probably have best hand now, might as well bet and not let yourself be outdrawn. Once you check flop the rest looks good. Hand 3 is just fine. Not sure about 2, I don't mind laying this down though, pot is small and stacks are deep.

willie 01-06-2007 02:27 AM

1- this is one flop i'd feel pretty comfortable trying to take the pot down.
2/3rds pot on the flop

2- i don't mind this hand at all

3- is betting the turn a big no no for some reason? i really feel like you have the best hand and draw here...

with position couldn't he be floating this flop to try to take the pot from you?

as played, i like the river bet.

0evg0 01-06-2007 03:35 AM

hand 1 is fine
hand 2 i like a flop check a good amount of the time
hand 3 i think you need to bet/call turn as he's not flat-calling 2pair on the flop here very often i wouldnt think. that does lead to a messy river, but thats besides the point.

ahnuld 01-06-2007 03:41 AM

im gonna comment on if this were cash because I know that better and because you are 200bb deep.

Hand 1 id bet the flop. You're going to take it down often enough and if hes CRing here your sd value isnt great anyways so its a pretty safe bet/fold as long as hes not looking to run you over. Its not like you have JJ here. every card is bad on the turn basically. So bet flop.

Hand 2 is standard without history this deep and OOP.

Hand 3 looks good.

NoahSD 01-06-2007 04:06 AM

They all look good to me.

Obviously, a flop check in hand 2 is reasonable, but it really depends on how often you've been c-betting and how LAGgy he is postflop. On this dry of a board, I'd be pretty comfortable bet/folding tho.

Edit: Also, this deep, check/calling on this flop can be pretty bad if he's just going to put you on like JJ-KQ or so.

0evg0 01-06-2007 04:26 AM

i dont think the flop in hand 2 is very dry at all

hand 1 i'd have to think of hands he WOULDNT reraise a flop bet with

NoahSD 01-06-2007 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think the flop in hand 2 is very dry at all

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. I hope I don't misread the board when I'm playing as often as I do when I'm posting.