Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Grimstarr's account hacked (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=514648)

iron81 10-03-2007 10:13 AM

Grimstarr\'s account hacked

BBV thread

I tempbanned the account until we figure out what's going on. Apparently the "hacker" (Grim gave the guy his passwords over AIM lol) has Grim's poker account and 2+2 passwords.

Would someone contact Grim and try to fix this? Any mod who can verify Grim's identity can lift the ban.

diebitter 10-03-2007 10:47 AM

Re: Grimstarr\'s account hacked

maybe the hacker will run better?

ahnuld 10-03-2007 12:59 PM

blessing in disguise?

El Diablo 10-03-2007 01:48 PM

All,

Great news. I've talked with my friends at FullTilt and PokerStars about how they need to cater more to the 2+2 crowd, and as a gesture of their interest they are putting on a special tournament for 2+2 mods.

Each mod will get a COMPLETELY FREE buyin worth $2,000. I figure we have about 100 mods, so that's a $200k prize pool at each tournament. First place of about $50k - not bad for being a volunteer mod!

If you're interested, just PM me the following info for each site where you'd like to play in this freeroll:

1: Username at FT/Stars
2: email address
3: Mother's maiden name
4: City you were born in
5: Social Security number (for identification purposes)
6: Name, address, and any other personal info (also for identification purposes)

We're trying to get these set up pretty quickly, so if you have webmail, just send me your username and password and I'll respond to all the verification emails for you to make sure you get set up right in the tournament.

We might need a bit more info to get everything set up for you, if that's the case I'll just email or PM you for that info.

Good luck everyone!

durron597 10-03-2007 02:00 PM

sweet! im in. pming info now

4_2_it 10-03-2007 02:02 PM

Anyone up for a $50k last longer?

diebitter 10-03-2007 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone up for a $50k last longer?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm happy to hold any monies.

El Diablo 10-03-2007 02:05 PM

All,

Need to disclose one thing about the tournament. Both PS and FT have asked that we create a "Mod Tourney Sweat Thread" in the tourney forum for people to watch this. Obviously, that's a marketing tool for them, but hopefully nobody here will have a problem with that.

entertainme 10-03-2007 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Need to disclose one thing about the tournament. Both PS and FT have asked that we create a "Mod Tourney Sweat Thread" in the tourney forum for people to watch this. Obviously, that's a marketing tool for them, but hopefully nobody here will have a problem with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously such a thread would receive greater reception if you were to initiate it.

Mike Haven 10-03-2007 06:48 PM

Ed

I sent you all of the required information some hours ago, but I haven't heard back from you. Looking forward to hearing more.

Unfortunately, something seems to have gone wrong with both sites' admin departments as I can't log in to either of my accounts at the moment. Typical!

I'm sure this will be sorted out soon, but I'm hoping you can put off the game for a day or two.

Sorry to be so much trouble, and thank you for this brilliant deal! It sounds almost too good to be true!

El Diablo 10-03-2007 07:12 PM

MH,

Just checked w/ the sites and they both said your account is fine, but they are undergoing a little account maintenance with both accounts. They said not to log on to your account for the next two days - if you do so, you risk data corruption and screwing up your account info. So, just log on to the accounts sometime after the weekend and everything will be fine.

The tournament won't happen until late next week or next weekend, so no worries about missing that.

Yeti 10-03-2007 07:17 PM

I want to enter but I don't have a social security number. I assume scanned images of my credit card and a recent utility bill will be enough to confirm my identity?

Thanks for setting this up, I can't wait.

durron597 10-03-2007 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MH,

Just checked w/ the sites and they both said your account is fine, but they are undergoing a little account maintenance with both accounts. They said not to log on to your account for the next two days - if you do so, you risk data corruption and screwing up your account info. So, just log on to the accounts sometime after the weekend and everything will be fine.

The tournament won't happen until late next week or next weekend, so no worries about missing that.

[/ QUOTE ]

crap, i tried to log in before i read this and it said invalid password. what's wrong?

Mike Haven 10-03-2007 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MH,

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! Glad you got my back, Ed. I could have messed up big time there. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Thank you, again.

By the way, forgive me for posting this, but just so everything is seen to be on the up and up, I've p2p-ed you the $1000 you wanted to cover our LL bet.

Can't wait until next week! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

iron81 10-04-2007 10:57 AM

I just got a PM from someone claiming to be Grimstar. Does someone have his real e-mail address? I figure I can change his profile and then have the software send him a new password.

daryn 10-04-2007 11:32 AM

if i were you iron i wouldn't do anything, leave it to the admins

iron81 10-04-2007 11:36 AM

The account name is Hackstarr. IP check says its from NYC.

Mat Sklansky 10-04-2007 12:36 PM

tell him to email us

deacsoft 10-04-2007 02:40 PM

Forgive me for being a bit skeptical but the information you've requested is more than would be needed to take over someones account and the fact that you posted this in an "account hacked" thread adds to the doubt. Any chance you could forward me e-mails received from PS and FT in regards to this? And is there any reason we can't send this information to them ourselves?

Mike Haven 10-04-2007 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Forgive me for being a bit skeptical but the information you've requested is more than would be needed to take over someones account and the fact that you posted this in an "account hacked" thread adds to the doubt. Any chance you could forward me e-mails received from PS and FT in regards to this? And is there any reason we can't send this information to them ourselves?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have voiced what I suspect many of us have been thinking.

Well, Ed? Could we have your earliest response, please?

El Diablo 10-04-2007 04:10 PM

deac, MH:

Unfortunately, 2+2 won't allow an "official" tournament to be held at these sites using the 2+2 name or having 2+2 as the "official" organizer (for legal reasons, 2+2 can't sponsor or organize in any way an online tourney for US users). However, the sites are still very interested in promoting their sites to the 2+2 community. They feel like doing something special for the mods and having the whole user community watching the tournament is a great way to do this. However, they need to do it "unofficially" so as to not have any issues like any potential liability for 2+2. That's why neither the sites nor 2+2 will be officially involved in setting this up and why I'm working with my contacts there to act as an intermediary to get everyone signed up.

Obviously, if you aren't comfortable providing the info, just don't sign up. I can totally understand that. I, on the other hand, will be taking my free $2k tourney entries (along with the 23 other mods who have already signed up) and hopefully winning both tournaments!

El Diablo 10-04-2007 04:12 PM

Yeti: The info you PM'd me will be sufficient.

durron: Yeah, same deal w/ your account, they needed to lock/verify it to do some maintenance and add the entry.

All: Looks like adding the $2k entries to your accounts on both sites may require a temporary locking of your account, since they need to reset permissions so only these accounts can access the special private tournaments. If this happens, don't sweat it, it'll all be configured correctly within a couple of days. Small inconvenience to pay for these great freerolls!

deacsoft 10-04-2007 08:01 PM

It's not at all that I don't trust you. My concern is that my name, ssn, mother's maiden name, etc... that's enough info to completely steal someone's identity. I consider you one of the most trust worthy people I don't actually know (along with several other Mods here at 2+2). But I don't know you and I certainly don't know any of the people that this very sensitive info is being shared with.

I'm just trying to be sensible. Please do not take it personally. I applaud your efforts and kindness in taking the time to set this up. I'd love to participate. I feel that we Mods have a good time "working" with each other, and I think these tournaments will be a lot of fun. It's just that I like my identity and would like to keep it. I'd be more comfortable if you were willing to share some of the correspondence with me/us. I don't see where that would be asking too much considering the above. My e-mail is deacsoft@gmail.com. If you're able to provide the requested information I'd be more than happy to participate and "vouch" for the validity of this. Which, in turn, may help to alleviate the concerns any others may have. Thus, getting more participation and help to meet the expectations of the sites participating.

Mike Haven 10-04-2007 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be more comfortable if you were willing to share some of the correspondence with me/us. I don't see where that would be asking too much considering the above. My e-mail is deacsoft@gmail.com. If you're able to provide the requested information I'd be more than happy to participate and "vouch" for the validity of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offence, deac, but I think this has to be a one for all and all for one kind of thing.

I hope you realise I'm only playing devil's advocate here, but let's say there was some treacherous tomfoolery going on and Ed brought you in on it for your price, then your vouching for him wouldn't be any better for the rest of us than just having Ed's word.

So, Ed, if you're going to e-mail deac, please e-mail me, too, and I'll vouch for both of you. Thanks.

(Of course, if you're not, no problem, as it sounds like a great tourney for all of us.)

deacsoft 10-04-2007 09:31 PM

No price is worth stabbing you all in the back. But I do, of course, respect your concern. I'm quite confident there's nothing suspect going on here in the first place.

miajag 10-04-2007 11:26 PM

Hey El D, didn't get a response from you so I just wanted to confirm that you received my info. Thanks again for setting this up.

El Diablo 10-05-2007 02:44 AM

deac, Mike:

If I wanted to cheat you guys, I could just forge emails and forward them to you. So, even if I send you the emails, there's no proof that they are legit.

Therefore, I'll just put it like this. If you don't believe that this is on the up and up, don't participate. Simple as that.

If I were scamming, I would never say something like that, I would just send you forged emails. Therefore, you can be 100% positive that this is not a scam.

Mike Haven 10-05-2007 04:42 AM

I'm sorry, Ed. Please don't get so upset and uptight about it. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

It's only deac that is accusing you of anything. I'm as happy as a pig in [censored]. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

deacsoft 10-05-2007 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's only deac that is accusing you of anything

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, I am not. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Mike Haven 10-05-2007 05:54 AM

Oops. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I thought in your polite and inimitable style you were trying to insinuate that sometimes all might not be as it seems, and that you were giving us a subtle warning to take more care with our personal details, even though it is the upstanding Ed who is asking for them.

So are you in or out?

tuq 10-05-2007 11:06 AM

All,

This talk of a freeroll sounds too complicated and honestly a little sketchy. Instead, I propose we all get together and go snipe hunting!

4_2_it 10-05-2007 11:12 AM

El D,

I noticed that I have received some rakeback from FT while my account has been locked for verification. Looks like they have credited the entry in the free roll to my MGR. Do you know if FT planned to add the entry to MGR? I didn't want to bring this to the attention of FT in case they haven't thought about it yet.

Thanks for setting this up. I look forward to showing you clowns how SSNL rolls.

deacsoft 10-05-2007 03:32 PM

I haven't decided yet.