Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Legends of Poker 1K River Decision (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=475666)

NYWalker 08-12-2007 01:42 PM

Legends of Poker 1K River Decision

Legends of Poker 1K

Villain is tight. Early in one hand, villain utg limped AK, 2 more limpers. BB raised to 1500 (200/100/25), villain called and folded on a 9 high flop.

I had 7000, villain had 7700.

200/100/25. I utg raise 600 with KdTd. (Table is tight, in the last 3 orbits, I utg raised with AA twice and A9o once, got no caller) utg+1 calls. SB (villain calls, BB completes)

4 players. Flop K97 (two hearts),
villain checks, BB (A tight player) bets 900, I call. utg folds, villain calls from sb.

3 players. Turn 6 (offsuit). villain checks, BB checks. I bet 1500. Villain raises to 3000. BB folds. I call. (???)

River Qd, villain moves all-in has me covered. Hero??

(what's villains' range, limp pf, checks call flop, mini c/r turn and pushes the river.)

yimyammer 08-14-2007 03:23 AM

Re: Legends of Poker 1K River Decision

Smells like a set of 7's or 9's, I fold the min raise on the turn (maybe even check the turn?), but then min raises always freak me out since everytime I've called them, I've been shown a monster.

shaundeeb 08-14-2007 04:53 AM

fold the flop when a Tight player leads into PFR with 2 people still left to act including you.

jtomon 08-14-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold the flop when a Tight player leads into PFR with 2 people still left to act including you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ship Ship McGipp 08-14-2007 03:36 PM

i am a legend of poker

Cornell Fiji 08-14-2007 04:15 PM

Fold the flop.
Check behind on the turn. Fold to the minraise
Fold the river...

I don't really love preflop either but it could be +ev as long as you are able to get away from your hand when beat.

The only hands that you are logically ahead of is JhTh and Ah8h.

I think that the flop and river decisions are more marginal than the turn which I think is a pretty straight forward check (and fold to the minraise)

NYWalker 08-15-2007 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop.
Fold the river...

I don't really love preflop either but it could be +ev as long as you are able to get away from your hand when beat.

I think that the flop and river decisions are more marginal than the turn which I think is a pretty straight forward check (and fold to the minraise)

[/ QUOTE ]

Key - (don't think about our own cards, think about villain's action) why SB slow played a set on a drawing flop against 2 players?

utg raise is questionable, but defendable at this table, they rarely looked me up. This is the first time get called in past 4 utg raises...and the next 3s after this hand weren't looked up.

=================================

On this hand, SB (villain) checked, BB led the flop, from his past plays/ his bet size on the flop and check the turn, I found he didn't have strong hand.

============================================
OK,let's talk about SB's actions and my river decision.

On the turn, when SB mini-c/r to 3K, I put her on AK, two pair, a set of 9 and flush draw. But I strongly believed no one would slow play a set on the flop given two hearts on the board when one bet, one call, and pot is big enough for c/r with set/2p related to each player's stacksize. OK, back one step, she could slow play a set on the flop, but not on the turn, she would have crai the turn against two players with a set, not mini-raising giving flush draw correct odd to call. Therefore, (villain has) a flush draw making a semi-bluff at the turn and push non-heart river with remaining stack fits into villain's action/pattern.

At the river, I thought the push was pre-planned at the turn unless she plays a set very badly or has KQ,K6.
But KQ/K6 would have lead the flop to find out where she was.

Let's think from villain's side, I called the flop, bet/call the turn, if villain put me on a flush draw, why push the river? For value or want me to fold?

The bottomline, villain played like a flush draw on the flop and suddenly changed the line to a represent a set on the turn/river.

It's hard to call with all my chips. Ok, go with the read and I called, villain showed K4o. BB said he folded KT on the turn.

Everyone at the table put villain on a set of 9. But, I believe villain tried to reprsent a set at the turn after showing a flush draw on the flop. The flop/turn actions were not consistent. (However, turn/river actions were consistent enough to show river push is meaningless)

yimyammer 08-15-2007 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold the flop.
Fold the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

Key - (don't think about our own cards, think about villain's action) why SB slow played a set on a drawing flop against 2 players?

utg raise is questionable, but defendable at this table, they rarely looked me up. This is the first time get called in past 4 utg raises...and the next 3s after this hand weren't looked up.

=================================

On this hand, SB (villain) checked, BB led the flop, from his past plays/ his bet size on the flop and check the turn, I found he didn't have strong hand.

============================================
OK,let's talk about SB's actions and my river decision.

On the turn, when SB mini-c/r to 3K, I put her on AK, two pair, a set of 9 and flush draw. But I strongly believed no one would slow play a set on the flop given two hearts on the board when one bet, one call, and pot is big enough for c/r with set/2p related to each player's stacksize. OK, back one step, she could slow play a set on the flop, but not on the turn, she would have crai the turn against two players with a set, not mini-raising giving flush draw correct odd to call. Therefore, (villain has) a flush draw making a semi-bluff at the turn and push non-heart river with remaining stack fits into villain's action/pattern.

At the river, I thought the push was pre-planned at the turn unless she plays a set very badly or has KQ,K6.
But KQ/K6 would have lead the flop to find out where she was.

Let's think from villain's side, I called the flop, bet/call the turn, if villain put me on a flush draw, why push the river? For value or want me to fold?

The bottomline, villain played like a flush draw on the flop and suddenly changed the line to a represent a set on the turn/river.

It's hard to call with all my chips. Ok, go with the read and I called, villain showed K4o. BB said he folded KT on the turn.

Everyone at the table put villain on a set of 9. But, I believe villain tried to reprsent a set at the turn after showing a flush draw on the flop. The flop/turn actions were not consistent. (However, turn/river actions were consistent enough to show river push is meaningless)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty stunned the "tight" villain called with K4 offsuit preflop

Hellova call (I assume?), I couldn't make that call reading her as a tight player with that many people in the pot with your hand

NYWalker 08-15-2007 01:29 AM

I guess sometimes tight player makes loose pf call from the blinds because of "pot-odd". On the turn, she put me a on flush draw trying to steal and she also realized BB's hand wasn't strong when BB checked the turn, so she had an awkward thought that a c/r would push both weak King and flush draw off the hand.

Bond18 08-15-2007 03:50 AM

I agree with everything Cornell Fiji said.