Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Poker from T-mobile hotspot? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546079)

BigPoppa 11-14-2007 03:09 PM

Poker from T-mobile hotspot?

Am subletting an apt without internet for a couple months, but it is right next to a T-mobile hotspot. Has anyone played poker recently through one of these?

I know that all the free wifi spots have nanny software installed to keep me from harming myself through immorality, and would like to know that I can play through T-mobile before I pay for monthly access. Thanks.

itsmytime 11-14-2007 03:11 PM

Re: Poker from T-mobile hotspot?

tmoble has poker u can play for money check it out guys

kindling 11-14-2007 04:19 PM

You can usually access these hotspots for a shorter period of time (as little as an hour), and see what you can/can't do. It's probably location-specific, since I've never run into any nanny software myself. You'll have to try it and see for yourself.

MiltonFriedman 11-14-2007 04:28 PM

No nanny blocks.

I have played for long stretches at a time. Starbucks, Kinkos and many airports. If you want to try it out, they probably offer access by the hour.

I have a flat-fee unlimted use agrement with T-Mobile. In the US, that is.

The main downside is that at some hotspots you may suffer from connection issues. You sometimes get booted off without notice. Consequently, I would NOT play for much money on TMobile.

keikiwai 11-14-2007 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No nanny blocks.

I have played for long stretches at a time. Starbucks, Kinkos and many airports. If you want to try it out, they probably offer access by the hour.

I have a flat-fee unlimted use agrement with T-Mobile. In the US, that is.

The main downside is that at some hotspots you may suffer from connection issues. You sometimes get booted off without notice. Consequently, I would NOT play for much money on TMobile.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've tried at starbucks (tmobile hotspot)..... never had connection issue, but not a big sample size

freecard4all 11-14-2007 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
have a link? Do you mean fish pond without access from outside of T-mobile network?
I want to get there! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Bobo Fett 11-15-2007 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
have a link? Do you mean fish pond without access from outside of T-mobile network?
I want to get there! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ummm...you might want to check out his undertitle.